Update 1.8.B Patch Notes

This is a good point. The announcements channel is new, and I’m still getting used to using it. I’ll add a reminder to myself to post important things there!

4 Likes

Makes sense, after all, you are only human :wink:

1 Like

@Polaris will there be an update in the play stores? Cuz google play store doesn’t have it (again) yet.

So is server 1 still on lvl110? Are we on s5 now again as far as s1-4?

When is Invasion gonna be released on other servers tho???

There is no client update required. This was a server side update only.

The update is now complete!

We see that some people are confused and/or frustrated by a couple things from the update: 1) That only Server 3 got Invasion/Mods and 2) That Servers 2-4 didn’t get a content update.

In terms of Invasion/Mods, we want to make sure they’re ready before we roll them out more broadly. They’ve been only on Server 1 for a while now and we’ve gone through a few iterations. We’ve made good progress, so wanted to see how a brand new group of players received them.

But we still feel like we’re going to need to make another balance pass on Invasions/Mods before they’re fully ready. Given that, we felt that subjecting as few players as possible to balance changes was best. That’s why we chose to add only one more server. We selected Server 3 at random from the S2-4 group.

The second issue, why Servers 2-4 didn’t get a content update today, is purely a technical one. The Mods system is tied to our content update system. If we were to update content on S2-4, Server 3 would get additional Mods features. Because we’re just launching Mods on S3, we wanted to give those players the intended “starter” Mods experience. We looked at ways to decouple the Mod features from the content system, but it’s a bit tricky. We do plan to bring a new content update to S2-4 soon!

Servers 2 and 4, we do love you! Know that you will be getting Invasion soon, and we hope that you will enjoy it that much more having been more thoroughly tested.

13 Likes

Polaris, S16 received the sixth star for hero’s. Was this intended?

So because you decide to add mods to server 3 server 2 and 4 have to sit here and twiddle our thumbs with no way to keep progressing our characters because we are at cap. It’s complete bogus. Do better in future updates or don’t do updates not right or fair for the server 2 and 4 players

@Polaris I just lost all progress on my pick em challenge. It’s no longer there at all in my challenges list. I was doing the raid 750 quest and I was almost done with it. What do I do now??

Please send in a support ticket so they can investigate. Thanks!

Thank you @Polaris this explains why we’re not getting updates. Just a suggestion for the future, include this or a even streamlined version the next time there’s a similar situation.

@Polaris. That is a better explanation and would have been very helpful had PB been upfront about this in the patch notes. This is the transparency we desire.

While many will still be unhappy at the delay, it would certainly be worthwhile to put out an estimated timeframe for us to get back on schedule. Many are also very serious that War needs to be overhauled.

In the meantime, might I suggest a new toon, exclusive to just Servers 1, 2, and 4 to make us all feel better?

9 Likes

@Polaris, 6 star hero’s for S16? Is this a mistake?

Yes, that is intended. 6th Star automatically unlocks when a server reaches team level 80.

Thanks for informing us about all this, even if it was late. :slightly_smiling_face:

2 Likes

Thank you for the clarification on the part of the lack of update for S2-4. I have to ask then, why are these servers interconnected in such a manner? My understanding is that by having these seperate servers we are disconnected from other players except for the ones on that selected server. Can we infer then that S2, 3 and 4 are all interconnected with some boundaries to limit the cross server interaction? Then if that were the case why can you select only 3 for Invasion but not have the same selectivity with Servers 2 and 4 to give them the 110 O4 cap increase?

I will admit that a lot of the technical aspects of multi server games is lost on me, so I apologize for my ignorance on the subject and also apologize if anything within my questions seems “stupid” or something that is common sense for those who work in that field.

3 Likes

@LadyRasta28 …you are a little too angry about this. There are far more important things in life. Thanks for the update @Polaris . I’ll happily take more time to bank resources.

Rofl 1 and 3 have invasion 2 and 4 maybe not but they claim that they have enough players server isnt dying so that’s the point I’m making but again people make it about 1 to 4

No questions are stupid questions! We opened a lot of servers all at the same time at launch, and it’s been easy to keep them all on the same release schedule since then. There’s a lot of reasons why we keep the servers grouped together, but here’s a couple big ones. First, if we have servers clumped together, that’s fewer things we have to configure for hero changes and team level updates. If we have to configure each server separately, that opens things up to more errors, and makes the patch notes longer (they’re already a novella!). The severs are separate instances, but they have the same content. 2-4 is in their own bucket now, but not off by much.

Second, having severs on the same schedule helps us with data analysis. We have a handful of people who spend all day long gleefully digging through the data and creating useful graphs and reports. It’s helpful to them if we have a group of servers on the same release schedule, so they can compare apples to apples when looking at the data.

5 Likes

Wonder what the data tells them about server 12

PerBlue Entertainment | Terms of Use | Cookie Policy | © Disney