Update 4.8-A Patch Notes

I like the new platinum badges desing personally - but it’s a good point that they kind of feel lazy. And it’s also a good point that new badge designs are better, as franchise representation through them goes waaay further than through playable characters - even to characters who we know will never be playable.

5 Likes

Still amazed that Zunar-J-5/9 Doric-4-7 badge got added due to… a request, makes it more encouraging to keep playing when you’re heard, same with all other references from over 1000 bagdes!

I really hope we will get new badges soon, please…?

5 Likes

Thank you for your feedback. I can’t say whether or not we’ll open new servers, however new player experience is something we review from time to time. We want DH to be fun and challenging for everyone. It should be able to keep the veteran players engaged, but not overwhelm the new people.

1 Like

Also I want to noticed this @Samm I understand that maybe you want to follow the 100 years of Disney celebration with Platinum Badges but I think it will be better if we have rather that platinum badges badges that celebrate those historical moments of Disney. Past, present and maybe future (elemental, Haunted House, wish, Tiana series, etc.)

Badges that really celebrate those hard to earn 100 years.

2 Likes

Samm, like Musk said
Double drops help very little if people don’t have any stamina
The cost of badges are too expensive
So unless this is going to change, don’t even bother with double drop events

Players are leaving left right and center, please don’t think we are that naive to think the game is not coming to an end.

The amount of deals offered alone is enough to show that…
Together with the total lack of communication - the roadmap for one has been abandoned
The forums are dead quiet
No new modes to help people want to play

Sorry, but unless something significantly changes in the next few weeks, i don’t see the game making it to snowfall again

18 Likes

Honestly if this was a priority at all, you would get rid of the skill point cap on upgrading heroes
The cap hasn’t changed in 5 years and we have 300 more levels with 140+ more heroes
But yet a new player can only upgrade 24 skillpoints every hour
Do the math… it is exhausting

10 Likes

Wow! Cap raise from 305 to 315, that’s gonna be longer than I thought to do that. Sweet.:+1:
I hope I don’t struggle in the next chapter, and also hope that characters like Madam, Ariel, and more DON’T appear too often.
Anyway, sounds mostly exciting for my birthday month.:wink::birthday:
Edit: I had no idea why I said “great update” on a quick patch note.

2 Likes

If we talk about unchanged caps let’s add to the conversation the missions ones

40 heroes usable for 200 possible.

5 Likes

I don’t think I would call this update a “Great update”

6 Likes

Samm I really hope that once we merge all the servers into S1 we will transition to a new server model.

The rotation of “new server → old servers decays → double cap raises → merge new server into old” has too many downsides. Steal the model from games like WoW. A new player doesn’t have to experience 18 years of content, just the most recent content. Consolidate old hero ranks. Make only the last 10-15 ranks exist. Redistribute the cost to Cap a hero between those ranks every Cap raise.

This will also get rid of account merging which is forcing top players to play multiple accounts just to boost their power when merges happen. So a win-win in general.

7 Likes

Would be better to move all new players to Server 1. Since it offers biggest rewards across all modes (for free) and deals, the whole progress is faster and better.

It would probably keep new players around longer…

• Fresh new accounts should be made in Server 1

Just a thing…

7 Likes

I agree. You can technically create an S1 account even today, but by the time you learn / realize there are multiple servers you’ve invested too much into your non-S1 account :smiley: If I knew that when I started, I would have created my account on S1. But it won’t matter once we have only S1.

3 Likes

That’s the whole thing… there is no guidance/tutorial to make new players aware of changing servers… or even their existence.

5 Likes

Alot of people on S21 are talking about quitting the game because of your announcement.
So I’m not sure if said statement is going to pan out as you said. I think Blue keeps hitting the nail on the head.

I for one am gonna stop spending if this is going to be the path to follow. As I said, its just not feasible.

9 Likes

To say it in Game Design terms, new badge designs are good sources of “The Joy of the New” as in discovery and Explorer type player engagement wise, especially for Explorer type of players like myself.

The other 2 aspects are: Self Expression and Familiarity/Nostalgia.
Self Expression being in terms of the type of player engagement of players wanting to have pretty, cool or goofy badge art like many of late Red and Yellow has, as well as potentially characters they find cool or like for the sake of being associated with that character.
Familiarity/Nostalgia type of player engagement is from the fact that they like the character and are happy to have them be represented within the game.

Joy of the New, Self Expression and Familiarity/Nostalgia are all a part of seeing new Badge designs, so I think they are healthy for the game as well as giving Disney Heroes more heart in the sense of more of its own identity as a game.

If the reason for why we aren’t getting new badge designs are due to it becoming too hard to come up with new badge designs, I think we players would be happy to suggest badge designs we want to see in the game if that helps :-).

I am not sure how helpful this feedback was technically, but as a person who has actually gone through game making education I have learned about player motivations and how to make players most likely engaged.
So yeah, while not working in games currently I hope at least what I said in terms of how player engagement and new badge designs impact each other can be considered :-).

3 Likes

Hmmmm.

Firstly, If Flash was gonna be zootopia rewards, Then who is the next prize wall after skinner?

Secondly, Brother Bear Characters comes to the game is still good idea for 100% population. Looking forward to Sitka, and Danahi besides Keani and Koda.

And third, When after Yellow +27. It’ll be Platinum Rank to Start.

2 Likes

A bit sad to hear.

Can the team at least finally listen up a bit and make new badges craftable with just 3 badges?

When they don’t the costs will just double every 4 ranks.
Without double drops Y22 badges cost 200k stamina (3.3k st. consumables), Y26 will cost 400k stamina (6.6k st. consumables).

So Y30 will cost 800k and Y34 1.6M per badge? You must be kidding me.

And again, $20 can get you 312k stamina consumables, I got that confirmed with support. Free to play players get one one-hundredth of that (aka 100x less). How is that a fair balancing, Samm?

Plus as others mentioned… trial events got stopped. Special Invasion didn’t give even 1/10th of resources the Trial Events did.
So, is the dev team just going to drain F2P players dry? The playerbase will be a wasteland then.
Oh wait, S21+ will be sooner after like 3 double cap raises. But that’s a discussion for another time.

7 Likes

@Samm this is not a problem?

Double: 11 ranks
Quadruple: 19 ranks
Octuple: 26 ranks
16x: 32 ranks?
32x: 37 ranks?
64x: 41 ranks?
128x: 44?
256x: 46?
512x: 47?
Doubling every rank after Y46?

2 Likes

What is that double content drop for? Is it for a server merge, or just once?

2 Likes

It’ll take a very long time and a HUMONGOUS amount of resources for that to happen, which means that our wallets would be bankrupt soon.

1 Like
PerBlue Entertainment | Terms of Use | Cookie Policy | © Disney