Welcome to the Disney Heroes: Battle Mode 5.8 Update! This release features a new costume, plus a number of improvements and bug fixes.
- New! Mayor Bellwether costume from Disney’s Zootopia
- Improvements and bug fixes!
Starting on January 29th and running until February 17th, Villaintine’s Events are making their way back to DH, and this year, we’ve got something special.
Gather up your Zootopia crew against foes, and battle your way through a limited-time trial event to earn exclusive cosmetics, including the chance of unlocking a brand new Mayor Bellwether costume! Then, prepare all the villains you love to hate and earn more exciting prizes in a Villaintine’s Special Invasion starting February 12th!
Look forward to a variety of events ranging from Market Discounts, Bonus Chances, a Limited-Time Event Crate, and more. Don’t forget to log in and join the fun!
Due to our team’s priorities shifting towards improving game performance, we are taking a pause on the hero balance efforts until we can get the game in better working order. This includes the start of Patch Season 16, pushing the start time 4 weeks later than usual, to February 21st.
Since we are delaying the start of Patch Season 16, we will extend the currently running season, Patch Season 15, to cover that duration.
The Reflect buff has been a common cause of many infinite combat loops in the game for a while now and we’ve seen a steady uptick of these issues in the past months as more Reflect slowly trickles into the game over time.
Its also been a buff we’ve wanted to revisit since we felt it was over delivering on its intended purpose, simultaneously being a perfect defensive and offensive tool.
In this update we’ll be making some changes to Reflect that push it into its intended use case of being primarily a defensive tool while also making it healthier for the game’s combat overall.
Reflect now works as follows:
- Heroes with Reflect prevent 80% of incoming damage (taking the other 20%).
- 20% of incoming damage is also returned to the enemy who dealt the damage.
- Reflected damage cannot Crit, be Dodged, or Reflected again.
To go along with this change, Rose’s Creature Finder Memory Disk will be adjusted to grant her the Reflect buff.
You’ll also notice that the old Reflect explanation text has been removed from several Skill tooltips since that information is available by tapping on the Reflect icon.
- Campaign quick fighting
- Quick fighting is now available in the normal and elite campaign
- Progress through campaign nodes and reach higher rarities faster with this feature!
- Game Performance Optimizations
- Power Promotion has been one of the culprits to game performance issues, so we put in a fix to help servers run a little more smoothly
- We also made some improvements to certain contest task behaviors to help, but this is a bigger investigation that is ongoing
- Battle Pass changes
- We’re currently working on major adjustments to the Battle Pass that will go live with the next client update
- More info will come as we finalize the changes, however, please be informed that the Battle Pass will not be immediately available at the start of February
- In short, there will be no Battle Pass for the first few days next month!
- We’re aiming to get 5.9 Patch Notes out to everyone by February 2nd, so stay tuned!
- Patched up a visual bug with Kuzco’s Skill 2
- Fixed a bug where the Raid Elite Campaign button fails
This is a full app and server update that is currently planned for Tuesday, January 23rd, 2024.