War Machine - Unlikely Concept

😁 Hello! Welcome to another Commander-Rex concept! The concept today is for Colonel, Avenger and best friend of Tony Stark, James Rhodes aka the War Machine. Anyways, let us begin!

War Machine

Col. James “Rhodey” Rhodes, friend of Iron Man’s and Avenger. As War Machine, he guns down enemies with heavy artillery and machinery while also backing his allies in sky combat.

“138 combat missions. That’s how many I’ve flown. Every one of them could have been my last. But I flew 'em. Because the fight needed to be fought.”

War Machine is a :star: Blue Frontline Damage Hero

Animations

Entrance: Rhodey flies into the field
Victory: Rhodey’s helmet comes up as he smiles
Defeat: Rhodey looks at his allies and sits down

Basic Attack: Rhodey shoots at the furthest enemies with his arm missiles, dealing X damage

Skills

White Skill: Heavy Artillery

:shield: - True Damage

War Machine flies up and fires his machine guns at all enemies until he runs out of energy. If War Machine is dealt more than 35% of his Max HP while channeling this skill, he then falls out of the sky and counters the enemy that dealt that damage with a missile from his back, dealing X damage and knocking them back into the enemy behind them, dealing X damage.

Green Skill: Bombing Raid
iMarkup_20210617_123318
:sparkles: - Fantastic Damage

At the start of every wave in War Machine’s entrance, he places bombs throughout the field that stay inactive until this skill is triggered or until Fight The Good Fight is. When triggered, the bombs deal X damage.

War Machine flies through the field, Distracting all enemies for 12 seconds. He then activates the bombs on the field, dealing X damage to all enemies, +X damage per second all enemies are Distracted. While enemies are Distracted by this skill, their Basic Damage is reduced by Y. After this, he resets the bombs.

Blue Skill: Looking For This?

:fist: - Normal Damage

War Machine blasts the closest enemy with his sonic waves, dealing X damage and removing all of their active buffs. He then flies to them and knocks them out with his War Hammer, Stunning them for 10 seconds.

Purple Skill: Air Supply
iMarkup_20210617_165911

When enemies are Distracted, they also lose Y Skill Power and Energy Gain. Allies gain a Y HP Shield when they KO’d a Distracted enemy.

Red Skill: Fight The Good Fight

:fist: - Normal Damage

War Machine’s basic attacks prefer to target the highest HP enemy. If his basic attacks are evaded, one of the bombs he drops from Bombing Raid goes off, dealing X damage to that enemy and slowing their attack and movement speed by 75%.

While channeling Heavy Artillery, War Machine is immune to all debuffs and disables. If he is debuffed or disabled during that time, he instead heals himself for X of his Max HP.

The bombs from Bombing Raid have a chance to fail against enemies above Level X.

Additional Stat Boosts:

• +X Damage from Looking For This?
  • +Y Skill Power
  • +Z Tenacity

Battle Badge:

Requires To Charge:

• An enemy is dealt more than 40% of their Max HP in a single hit

Bonuses:

• Stat Buff: +Y Max HP
  • Lineup Buff: +40 Armor Negation for Damage allies
  • Effect Buff: When a enemy is dealt more than 40% of their Max HP, that ally gains Invincibility for 5 seconds

Friendships

War Machine/Iron Man
Campaign: “Armored Adventure”
Allies: Hiro Hamada, Spider-Man , Syndrome

Disk Power:

• +Y Reality
  • +Z Reality Negation

Memories:

Benefits For Shields

• When War Machine gains a Shield, all allies gain 15% of that Shield (+5% Shield per star)

• While allies have a Shield, their Armor is increased by 25% (+5% Armor per star)

War Machine/Donald Duck
Campaign: “Don’t Back Down”
Allies: Huey, Dewey and Louie, Scrooge McDuck, Captain Amelia

Disk Power:

• +X Basic Damage
  • +Y Skill Power

Memories:

Faster After Damage

• When allies are damaged, their attack and movement speed is increased by 20% (+5% speed per star)

Other Notes

• So, this concept was supposed to be released yesterday but I’ve decided to try to evaluate my schedule to accommodate my friendship campaign which is coming in a few days and my next refresh concept which will indeed be for Iron Man. He will be refreshed along with a future campaign between him and…Megamind. :sunglasses:

• I had a lot of struggles figuring out a good skillset for Rhodey here, but I rewatched Infinity War a few times and I realized that his fighting in that movie would be the best for him. Rhodey really was the MVP of the Battle Of Wakanda besides Thor and Wanda and I wanted to showcase that in this concept. He is criminally underrated.

• Also, his friendship with Donald Duck is indeed a reference to Don Cheadle. Don voiced Donald’s clear voice in a few episodes of DuckTales (2017) and obviously plays War Machine. He’s absolutely amazing as both and I wanted to use that as a little inside joke. The “Boom! You’re looking for this?” in the Blue Skill joke was obvious though, right? :eyes:

7 Likes

How would you rate this concept?

• :star::star::star::star::star:
  • :star::star::star::star:
  • :star::star::star:
  • :star::star:
  • :star:

0 voters

If you want to know my upcoming concept and project schedule, make sure to check my concept collection page for updates. Additional feedback for this concept is also always appreciated. :+1:

This looks familiar :eyes:

AnotherDirectFrog-max-1mb

Heh, this is why Rhodey is the best. Correct. :grin:

Does the distraction begin as soon as he flies over enemies or after he lands?

1 Like

This. :+1:

1 Like
PerBlue Entertainment | Terms of Use | Cookie Policy | © Disney