Wish crates feedback

I had a very different experience, I tried my luck at the fairy godmother and got 60 chips for her as well of a bunch of other good stuff that I forgot about checking out the FG… I kind of got the impression that you were meant to get at least a few chips with every 10 crate purchase like with the hero crate guaranteeing a certain number of hero’s for the specified hero. I have the two smallest purchases you can get in the game - the 120 and 400 diamonds a day deals, I’ve been saving them in preparation for trying another 10 crate purchase so I could start using the FG, is this a bad idea?

Also and this seems somewhat contrary to what most of you are saying but I think the cost is actually pretty good - if you’re getting chips for a new hero or the jackpot - it’s similar to many of the larger deals they do spontaneously for different heroes but you get to choose the hero you want, not wait who knows how long till one you want comes along. Alongside that if they do bring it in permanently it would be a way people could save up and invest in their chosen hero the same way we do with the hero’s on sale in the shops - without having to spend money on diamonds - it may take ages to save up but if they change the chances of recieving heroes it would probably be a heck of a lot quicker for the higher level players and only somewhat for the lower - than it would be purchasing 5 hero chips a day until you get to six stars… and you would get it all at once with a lot of the things needed to level them. I don’t know I thought it was genius till I saw this… I thought the 1% thing was just for show.

Well, it’s like a lottery. For MOST people, buying a lottery ticket is a really dumb idea (there’s a reason why it’s called a tax on people who are bad at math). What you USUALLY get (nothing) is not worth the price of a ticket. For one person in a million, sure, maybe things work out well. But that doesn’t mean that lottery tickets are suddenly a good idea just because one person wins a lot of money.

A very good point, I still think this crate could work quite well if they changed it but yea I’m not going to risk 10,000 diamonds on probably nothing

1 Like

Just no plain no.

The price is to high, the chances to low. The way it’s setup means that the average for anything is around 20k diamonds and I refer to good stuff not worth it.

I know due to rng that as always there be the lucky one who gets the best of the best on first hit at 1k. Then you find those players who spend 50k diamonds and got zero

The rng and price do not match up.

3 Likes

Advice taken and accepted, thanks I probably would have had a real bad day in a week or two otherwise

Well people don´t call it Whale Crate or Bait Crate randomly.

4 Likes

I made a feedback poll post earlier where people can vote on what they think about the Wish Crates overall. Here is the link to it:
[Feedback Poll] Players’s opinions and thoughts on the Wish Crate.

It is pretty equal between the option [Interesting] and the [Wish Bait Crate] option, both of them going on which one has the highest vote number. Right now [Wish Bait Crate] option is leading.

Anyway, I hope this post can help you understand a bit more what people think about the Wish Crate and its price currently, and why so many want the price to be more reasonable and fair :-).

5 Likes

The Wish Crate are in general a Loot Box crate and the most Loot Box like crate we have had so far probably.

I technically don’t mind fun surprises, but I definitely think the price should be reasonable which 1000/10000 isn’t.
A reasonable price would be no more than 350/3500 at the highest, for us players 300/3000 or 200/2000 if not around 100/1000 would of course be better, but as low as 1000 might be too low for PerBlue though.

In a way the Wish Crates are more worth to the F2P than P2WP2P players, like since it is hard for F2P players to get Hero Chips, so this answer a way for F2P to more easily get Hero Chips, which I think would be really helpful and be really appreciated :-).

That is If you are lucky 24/7 lol. Don’t waste your diamonds on this f2p’s. Buying stamina is way better than this bs. Glad the free 10 crates gave me stupid rewards. If it gave me jackpot i would have gotten tempted to use my diamonds.

Ok, hang on a second… One thing that’s not considered here: These are not physical objects. We are spending money on 1’s and 0’s… Or, more directly: Time. I could spend $ on the game and get stuff, or I can spend the time to accrue diamonds, credits, etc. and get the chips, crates, and whatnots. Spending money shortens the amount of Time it takes to get there.

I don’t buy into the idea that lowering the game currency cost of an item is taking from PB’s bottom line. Maybe in the very long term there might be a slight dip in whale spending, because they get more bang for their buck, but that would pale in comparison to how much better the masses would feel about playing the game.

That’s only IF you pull chips (a lot of people haven’t) and badges (a lot of people have reported crappy drops).

Well, I am an F2P VIP 0 player so I definitely know that using money basically mean saving one self from a portion of the grind, but as a F2P I have also learned to grind efficiently so I am saving time and resources that way. (In case wondering I rather spend my money on Switch gams like BOTW 2).

What I am thinking about at least in terms of the fact that PerBlue probably can’t have the Wish Crates under a certain amount, is the fact that if people overall stop buying deals as they overall get better things from the Wish Crate even if it is random, the money they spent on the diamonds are lower than the amount they would have spent on buying a deal for that had less value and costing more.
So there is a balance there.

While of course I agree that PerBlue probably not going to take that much of a loss as players would have happy and likely spending on the Wish Crate as is value overall is better than the deals, so for Player Satisfaction it would probably a good thing and maybe attract some players that have be away for a while or quitted. So there are something to that side as well of it.

For F2Ps like myself I say go for a 10% chance of drop and try to gain Hero Chips so that we have a better chance of 6 star-ing our characters, as well as mods and Red skills.
I haven’t tried to max any Red skills, but with the Wish Crate I might try to max Minnie’s Red skill, but yeah will see on how it goes for me. This was at least my free one:

I hope we so get from free Wish Crates from Contest later, but yeah probably also going to spend my diamonds on Wish Crates during Fortify The Network contest and make most out of my diamond spending.

4 Likes

Thanks, it does put it a bit more into perspective and while I fully agree that it would be much better, more useful, and likely see far more sales if it was at a more reasonable cost I also don’t know how much of a cost reduction we would see. I do see how frustrating the crates are but I also see a heck of a lot of potential that could be tapped into if PerBlue modifies them to be sufficiently more rewarding to players. While ideally the cost should be lowered if they aren’t then I was thinking of the strategies PerBlue might use to make it more useful, and therefore more sellable, to the players.

YES

Also, the Wish Crate is not always “not worth it”. It depends on what you get.

For example, you spend 1K diamonds on one Wish Crate and get the jackpot. That is worth it. People are upset at the cost because of its drops and the chances of chips.

So perhaps increasing chip chances is good, and maybe not ENTIRELY resetting the percentage, perhaps just tone the percent back a little.

We get in Germany, probably from May 1st. a new law, the “lootbox law”. Which says that gambling in games is only permitted from the age of 18. Accordingly, this game would have to be marked as “not suitable for minors”.

Nice funfact?

@Rilliam Happy that my post helped you understand people’s perspective of the Wish Crates more :-).

I can say that I in general don’t want to spend 10 000 on 10x Wish Crates even if PerBlue made them better, and if it were to be worth such a high price either way the content would likely have to be better than what PerBlue is willing to give us.

I could them PerBlue improving the Wish Crate and have it cost 5000 diamonds, but yeah not keen on spending anything more than 5000 diamonds on a crate in general.

Not sure if you saw this post in the comments, but I think this is the general thought on the prices are something like this:
100/1000 being what players mainly want, 300/3000 being what players are fine with spending, 5000 feeling expensive even if some may buy they aren’t doing it out of happiness to say, and of course the last one 1000/10000 would be the “Nope! Way too expensive” price.

While it is true that if PerBlue improve the crate it would likely maybe move the price up in terms of how many diamonds players are willing to spend, but I think 300/3000 is a physiological okey price so like the “Okey enough” likely price. I sure wouldn’t mind 100/1000, but as far as that’s realistic is another thing. I think at least 300/3000 would be a price players wouldn’t be too angry on which is the most important thing. (3000 is the price for a banner pull to try and get 10 characters/medals in Kingdom Hearts Union X, so it matches).

@CodeMore6 I am not going to say the Wish Crate always give you back the amount to feel it was worth it like for the price, but for an F2P they will likely still be helpful in some ways even if not always feeling as much worth it as we would like them to.

I wish it didn’t entirely reset the percentage either, like at least keeping 25% or at the very least 10%, which I think would be fair as we have spent our resources afterall.

@Lord_Mushu_LXXVII Interesting and yeah, I do know Disney Heroes is intended to be for 13 and up, but yeah I guess Disney Heroes might be set as 18 in Germany now.

Something to think about and the future of Loot Box and Microtransactions I suppose, like if companies can have Loot Boxes in kids games, as well as Microtransactions even if maybe allowed even if more regulated than now.

2 Likes

But are the pulls worth the diamond spend? I don’t think so…they need to be better to be worth what you get (coupled with the FTN awards).

Much more than 300/3000 diamonds definitely not, for 100/1000 diamonds definitely yes as 1000 I generally earn in 2-3 days.

It is really hard for F2Ps to get a lot of Hero Chips, so picking a 10% character and be the most likely to get Hero Chips for them is really helpful.

Beside I am already make as such as I can out the badges by combo grinding so I would say I should be fine either way :-).

I think overall the value is very lacking here. You can pay $100 for 360 of a new toons chips plus mods, mod power, red skill chips and other misc items. The wish crate you get a small chance to get any chips at all, for real money paying for these instead of waiting for the hero’s chips to come up for sale is a bad move. I went for kermit on my free pull and hit the jackpot for 300 chips but everything else was lackluster. If the cost stays this high you really need to scale up the chances and rewards. They do not match up at all. I wouldn’t even pay 20 bucks for a 10x pull of this crate. If these were 3k diamonds per 10x pull I’d likely splurge once in a while. But since it’s such a low chance for any real payoff I don’t see the appeal. The fact is these were supposed to be anew and improved crate for late game players who were disenchanted with the diamond crates, but instead we got a huge gimmicky gatcha game.

3 Likes

True like 1 per day wouldn’t hurt.

PerBlue Entertainment | Terms of Use | Cookie Policy | © Disney