Attention Forumers! Concept Creation Contest Announcement Post

Attention forumers! Welcome to the creative event of the century: The Concept Creation Contest! Hosted by none other than me, TheSpaghettiKing! This is not an official event held by Per Blue, so it won’t appear ingame, but it will still be a great event judged by very qualified people! The categories are Likely and Unlikely!

Special thanks to @PawpsicleSticks for helping me work our all the details and for being an amazing co-host!

The Rules For Both Categories

1. Each participant may only submit ONE concept per category

2. The concepts must abide forum rules. No swearing or inappropriate things.

3. All friendship disks must be with characters currently in the game.

4. A concept previously posted on the forums is not eligible to win.

Rules For Likely Category

1. The character must be from a Disney or Pixar movie/cartoon. Properties of Disney like Marvel and Star Wars belong in the Unlikely Category.

2. The character cannot already exist ingame.

Rules For The Unlikely Category

1. The concept may be about any character from any media, excluding characters exclusively from YouTube and other video platforms.

2. No concepts of any forum users, past or present.

Judging

The judges will remain anonymous until the winners have been announced. There are six judges, three for each category.

A few things the concepts will be judged by are:
Realism (How well the skill set compares with others ingame)
Skill Synergy (Whether or not the skills benefit from each other)
Creativity (Unique skills and effects)
Trueness to Character (How well it fits the character)
Format Usage (See format below)

Format

To demonstrate the format, we have a special guest Hero! Ralph is here with his skill set to demonstrate what a concept within the format will look like!

Ralph
1-Star, Frontline, Tank

Source: Wreck it Ralph (Movie)
Info: Wreck-It Ralph is the antagonist of the videogame “Fix-It-Felix Jr.” who is sick of being a bad guy. In the end, he proves that being a Bad Guy doesn’t make you a bad guy.
Quote: “I’m bad, and that’s good! I will never be good, and that’s not bad. There’s no one I’d rather be… than me.”

Basic Attack: Ralph punches enemies
Entrance: A speech bubble appears above Ralph, saying “I’m gonna Wreck-It!”
Victory: Ralph smiles and spreads his arms as fireworks go off behind him
Defeat: Ralph falls over with a dazed look on his face

White: Wreck It
Ralph slams the ground, dealing X damage to enemies near him and stunning them for 3 seconds.

The stun has a chance to fail against enemies higher than level X.

Green: Shouting Match
Ralph shouts at his enemies, dealing them X damage and silencing them for 2 seconds.

The silence has a chance to fail against enemies higher than level X.

Blue: Grand Slam
Ralph slams his fist down on a single enemy, dealing X damage and stunning them for 7 seconds.

The stun has a chance to fail against enemies higher than level X.

Purple: Big Duty
Once per wave when Ralph falls below 30% hp, he regenerates X HP over 10 seconds.

Friendships

Ralph/Vannelope
“Piece of Cake” , Boosts Stuns
+X Skill Power
+5% * S Stun Length

Ralph/Jack Sparrow
“Hero’s Duty” , Heals on Stun
Ralph heals X hp every time an enemy is stunned
+5% * S Improved Healing

Adding pictures for skills is not required, but recommended to give concepts more life.

Time and Dates

This post is only the announcement thread. The submission posts will open sometime Monday around 3:45 pm Central Time. They will be open for you to submit your concepts until Saturday, and submissions will end around 3:45 Central Time. You will know they are closed when either @PawpsicleSticks or I post a message saying submission time is over. Any concepts posted after that will not be judged.
The judges will take the rest of Saturday, all of Sunday, and some of Monday to catch up on judging. The winners will be announced sometime Tuesday.

So there you have it folks! You can use this thread to ask questions about the contest, and @PawpsicleSticks and I will do our best to answer! Remember to have fun as you make your concepts!

Let the games begin!

(This thread is not for the concepts. Any concepts posted here will be ignored.)

22 Likes

Some of us here are children with no permission to their parents’ credit cards… so how about likes?

Wonderful :slight_smile:. I can see this becoming a sort of forum tradition!

One question: We can submit two concepts, one for each category?

1 Like

Not the case with me, but I have no interest in a $ prize :smile:

2 Likes

Yes you can submit one concept for each category.

1 Like

Umm I have a question can we only make concepts for certain category’s cause I get stressed doing Disney concepts meaning it’ll be hard for me to work and focus but I still wanna join.

Do we have to use this format? I like using my format. I can add the Bio between the image and quote.

And are all the judges hired?

1 Like

Also can you use GIFs??

Ok the prize is probably going to happen like this:
Whoever wins will get a PM from the sponsor and the winner can tell them what they want: iTunes, Google store, etc, and the sponsor will buy that and give the winner the code on the back.

But @TheSpaghettiKing or @PawpsicleSticks can confirm.

1 Like

But I don’t want people to know my address…

Yes gifs are fine.

No, we won’t be mailing it I believe, we’ll jist be sending you the code through PM. But again @TheSpaghettiKing can help confirm this

3 Likes

Wait a sec… @TherMasterStitch are you one of the judges?

Okay then. I am interested

Okay good to know!

No I’m not one of the judges but I was one of the options to be one. And yes all the judges have already been decided.

1 Like

I’ll be the judge of that.

Okay I’ll leave

2 Likes

Yes you can make a concept for both, or just do one category. But you can only make one concept for each category. So even if you have two or three or four great ideas, you can only do one.

1 Like

Oh… lemme guess @Paperlucky will be a judge (I wish I were one)

Why do you assume that? And the judges are anonymous so don’t ask who are the judges please!

2 Likes
PerBlue Entertainment | Terms of Use | Cookie Policy | © Disney