Character Concept: Quasimodo

Kinokan back once again for another Character Concept. Simba I feel was a resounding success and definitely one of my better ones imo. This time I decided to do a hero from one of the most underrated Disney movies of all time. Here is, The Hunchback Of Notre-Dame, Quasimodo.

Quasimodo is a frontline support hero who provides sanctuary to his friends and protects them from those who would do them harm.

I knew I’d never know, that warm and loving glow, though I might wish with all my might, no face as hideous as my face, was ever meant for heaven’s light.

Quasimodo swings into battle on a rope landing on the battlefield with a roll before standing in front of his enemies.

Quasimodo attacks with his rope coiled around his shoulder whipping enemies.

Quasimodo celebrates with Hugo, Laverne and Victor with a big group hug. The gargoyles then lift him up and carry him off the screen.

Quasimodo slams his arms to the ground in defeat and throws off Esmeralda’s necklace.

Estimated stats at lvl 80 3* P3
HP: 45k
Basic Damage: 2200
Skill Power: 3800
Armor: 1750
Reality: 1800
Reality Ignore: 300
Fantastic crit: 90
Normal Crit: 30
Improved Healing: 30%
Tenacity: 120

SL: Skill Level
SP: Skill Power

White Skill: Sing the Bells!:
Passively Quasimodo’s energy is seperated into 3 segments; Piano, Mezzo and Forte. Auto battle always activates on Mezzo. Activating this skill activates both sets of bells “The big ones as loud as the Thunder” and “The little ones soft as a Psalm” and grants a bonus effect if used at the right volume. Also grants Quasimodo immunity to Silence. Has a chance to fail against silences from enemies lvl SL=X+1. Actively rings the bells of Notre Dame granting allies 20 + (SL) + (.01SP) Armor and Reality.

Green Skill: The Big Bells as loud as the Thunder
Ringing these bells causes all enemies to be stunned for 6 seconds. If used with Forte also grants allies basic damage and skill power for 6 seconds equal to 15SL+ (.1SP). If used with Piano enemies are only stunned for 2 seconds. Stun has a chance to fail against enemies SL=X+1.

Blue Skill: The Little ones soft as a Psalm
Ringing these bells grants healing to all allies equal to 10% of Quasimodo’s HP plus 250SL. If used with Piano also grants a shield equal to 20% of Quasimodo’s HP. Piano can only be used once every 30 seconds. If used with Forte healing is reduced by 50%. Healing and shielding reduced by allies higher than lvl SL=X+21.

Purple Skill: Sanctuary!
Quasimodo provides protection under the laws of sanctuary. Reducing all damage his allies take by 5%. Sanctuary gains a bonus effect based on what Volume was used. Piano: Changes damage reduction to only work on Fantastic damage and adds an extra 45%. Mezzo: Reduces all damage by an extra 20%. Forte: Changes damage reduction to only reduce Normal damage and adds an extra 45%. Buffs to Sanctuary last until Sing The Bells is cast again. Damage reduction reduced versus enemies lvl SL=X+41.

DL: Disk Level
DS: Disk Stars

Friendship Disks:

Lvl 97 Stitch
Monstrous Maestro: Mezzo Forte
375SP + (75DL)
Mezzo now acts as both Mezzo and Forte. Sanctuary defaults to Mezzo. Also extends duration of Forte buffs by .5DS seconds
Other Allies: Ursula, Mike, Sulley.

Lvl 99 Miguel
Simple Symphony: Mezzo Piano
2500 + (250DL)
Mezzo now acts as Mezzo and Piano. Sanctuary defaults to Mezzo. Reduces the cool down of Piano by 3DS seconds.
Other Allies: Mickey, Moana, Bogo

Hope everyone enjoys. I tried for a more skill dependant hero as in requiring timing and thought of how to best counter the team you are facing. Let me know what you all think about this.

5 Likes

So does his white skill work if you haven’t unlocked his green and/or blue ones yet?

Absolutely. His white on It’s own is fairly underwhelming but the same could be said about any hero’s white. Obviously the timing between when you activate wouldn’t matter as much either but once you get his skills unlocked and level is when his nuances and synergies come into play. His white would simply be a small buff to ally resistances.

I don’t know who dis character is. Because I don’t know the movie ethier.

:open_mouth: grumbles nobody ever hears about this movie. But it is so amazing…grrr

1 Like

I watched it champion D.

Hmm…to be honest idk about this skill set. Since this game started as a kids game, this seems a little too on the complex side.

@Prince_Aamir yay!!! :grin::grin::grin::grin: sombody has!!! shakes hand alot

2 Likes

Woah woah woah take it easy man

:grin::grin::grin::grin::grin: :upside_down_face: :upside_down_face:

1 Like

Laugh out LOUD
(20 characters)

A complex character from a complex movie. While Disney and Hunchback of Notre Dame is more geared towards children once you begin to understand what it is about, it becomes very dark very quick. Between the Judeo-Christian references and the very mature themes of a man of the church lusting after a woman he is roughly 4 times older than and the paganism of the gypsies it becomes a very mature movie.

As far as his skillset is concerned like I had said in the OP it is supposed to be a higher skill cap hero almost in the same vain of Ursula but a step above even her. The timing and strategy required to make best use of his skills is what makes him such a powerful character. It is a much more difficult character then say Zurg when it comes to execution but can be just as, if not even more powerful.

1 Like

Not bad I think it be cool if they added him.

1 Like

Hmm very true! :grin::grin:

(20 characters)

I really want Quasimodo in the game! Even more so since the fire in Paris yesterday! When the bell tower fell I thought about the ancient building & thought how nice it would be to have a tribute here in Disney Heroes & have Quasimodo here in DHBM
Just a thought.
:angel:

3 Likes

Was looking for concepts of characters from the Hunchback of Notre Dame (one of my favorite Disney classics) and found this. @Kinokan maybe make the Skill names shorter and compact and maybe make them less confusing. Because on Quasimodo’s White Skill I don’t see any info on Piano and Forte, only Mezzo. And how do you trigger his white skill without having promoted him even once. Come on it… it just doesn’t make sense. @Kinokan I know you are a good person like with how to defeat enemies and more but this thread falls in the “good/bad” category. So I give it a 7/10. Not good, but not bad

Yes this is a very complex character and it can be a little confusing but I believe it to still be a great design once you can get an understanding of it.

His white skill denotes how his green and blue will play out but that doesn’t mean that the white skill on it’s own is useless. It gives Quasimodo and immunity to silence and gives a team wide buff to allies’ armor and reality.

Forte best works with his green as using his white in this dynamic not only stuns enemies but also grants a buff to allies’ basic damage and skill power. Forte is a musical term for “loud” so having Forte work along side “Bells as Loud as the Thunder” is a tie into the lyrics of the opening song that shares it’s title with the movie along with making synergy with the musicality this provides.

Same goes for Piano with the blue skill where if used with Piano it not only grants the healing but also provides a shield. Piano meaning “soft” in music once again coincides with “Soft as a Psalm”.

Using one with the best effect halves the effect of the other providing a balance between the two. Enter then Mezzo which means “medium or middle” as a dynamic it is not loud nor is it quiet. Using the skills with this provides no bonuses but also does not weaken any of his skills.

When taking into account the musicality and the tie ins to the song and movie, I believe this to be the most accurate version of the character that I could provide. I greatly appreciate the feedback but I like this concept as is.

2 Likes

I personally really like it! It’s a little complex, but with the way character abilities in this and other similar games tend to become more complex and outside-the-box as the game goes on I don’t think it’s unfeasible that a character like this could appear further down the line

Quasimodo works a little like Genie in that three of his four abilities are just further bolstering his active white skill, but it’s a bit more nuanced and requires a bit of thought. I like white skills like Miguel’s and this one which require a little thought as to when to use them

2 Likes
PerBlue Entertainment | Terms of Use | Cookie Policy | © Disney