Friendship Refresh Overview

Hi Polaris! I still think the max number of memory missions is too low, but all in all these are a pretty big step in the right direction. Thanks for the update!

4 Likes

No chip costs would be infinitely preferable. Badge costs are barely noticeable unless you’re out of them, in which case a small amount of raiding can last a while. Hero chip costs for red skills, mods, and stars are already a huge challenge; speaking for myself, I’d prefer getting a good number of memories for each chip to having fast missions or no badge costs.

I think the problem we’re having is that PerBlue is defining “efficient” as “fast”, while those with a similar viewpoint to my own think of efficiency as how much value we get out of our resources (in this case, hero chips, which are needed in bulk to build a hero up to the point where they can be used competitively).

But that’s only my own two cents, anyways. I’ll probably just ignore the memory missions. :man_shrugging:

9 Likes

@Polaris are the heros chips used for the mission still secondary hero chips? or we can choose which hero chips to use?

1 Like

@Polaris in the future, when we have more heroes, will our mission limit go up?

It would by nice to have any way to eliminate unused disc from the memory market

1 Like

Yes, still the secondary hero.

Right now there’s a cap of 15 total Missions, but we’ll see how that goes and if more are needed, we’ll adjust.

13 Likes

I don’t know how practical it would be, but I like this suggestion. And/or, maybe the hero chip could be an optional cost, with the mission taking 3 times longer without it (since in the game currently, a chipless mission takes roughly three times as long per memory).

5 Likes

@Polaris have an idea for that… either convert them maybe for red chips for both toons involved, or maybe memory tokens to buy other memories.

BTW, when will these changes be made available?

In 2.3 :neutral_face:

(Oct. 6)

4 Likes

Likely. 2.3

Patch Notes: October 2nd
Patch Update: October 6th

This is a really appreciated update.
All efforts in that are useful to improve game experience.
The best one since I’ve started playing (and enjoying) this game.
Well done!

@Polaris
I don’t know if someone have asked this but… what will happen to the challenges that require infection areas to complete. For example one where I have to use all zootopia characters. Would that automatically completed?

TIA

It was mentioned that the Challenges related to reinfected nodes will be adjusted

@Polaris Is it possible to have a preview on how the adjustment will be? Considering the difficulty in finishing reinfected nodes Challenge, I think it would be bery useful for the players to decide whether to try and finish it before or after the Friendship Refresh. Thanks.

@Polaris will allies still be previewable?

I seem to be in the minority here, but I am not happy about this update and that is because of one single but big reason: the removal of the mission stories. I am not involved in the competitive part of this game at all; I’m not even part of a guild. I only play the game for the character interactions and story, and as far as I’m concerned the “reward” for the missions is progressing in the stories, not making my heroes stronger. Removing the stories means removing literally the only reason I do the missions.

I have read what you wrote about writing the stories being unsustainable and while I am very sad to hear it, I will accept it. However, I agree with the members who want you to post the lost content elsewhere, even if it is just here on the forum. I am just barely over level 100 and most of my heroes are just at purple rank, so completely removing the mission stories and the conversations that happen at certain level-ups would mean me missing out on a LOT of that sweet, sweet story content.

4 Likes

I think they would make the story longer hopefully I guess. So each stage it’s different mission story. Eg. Stage 1 will consist of stories of all stage 1-8 in current campaign. Stage 2 will be about different mission maybe from when you do 1st mission currently etc.
Idk if it makes sense. And Idk if it’s the case. Hopefully it will be

Unfortunately at the day of the Friendship system refresh it doesn’t seem l like the mission story content are going to be in the game given what has been said, which is really sad yeah :-(.
However, I imagine it is possible based on feedback and a bit more time to prepare that they could find a solution and implement the friendship mission story content into the game again.

I actually made a post that would be a relatively good solution to the friendship mission story situation as in not losing the friendship story content in the game. Not sure how well the post itself came out in terms of if it is good written, but it is what I made and posted as a suggestion to PerBlue to have a good way of keeping the friendship story content in the game.

So what they mainly needed to implement would be tab options between all the story missions and display both in-between text and dialog text, in-between text as in the text you have that’s describe what is happening between the story segments.

And in terms of switching between the new and the old mission system a simple switch scene/HUD button were all we needed I think.

So yeah, I definitely think it is possible for them to implement the mission story content again, even if they need some time to make all the necessary code and adjustments so hopefully PerBlue later add in the mission story content again in the game :-).

9 Likes

Yea! But the only thing that mostly bugs me is the 3 featured heroes in every friendships, some friendships have random heroes (which is annoying to me), and some friendships have specific heroes (any heroes included the story). Like, why would they pick 3 random heroes if someone is in the story? For example are Timon and Pumbaa and Stitch friendship, neither the 3 heroes are included in the story (Elsa, Goofy and Baymax). I’m alright with random heroes, as long as there are only 2, 3 or 4 heroes are involve. I wish you guys update the 3 random heroes on most of the friendships to a specific heroes.

2 Likes

Yeah… but it should not be for that reason

Mercs should be added to friendship campaigns.

4 Likes
PerBlue Entertainment | Terms of Use | Cookie Policy | © Disney