Friendship Refresh Overview

So you decided on your own to hoard resources, and think perblue owes you personally a specific style contest so you can win?

That’s some entitlement right there. You gambled the contest would appear again. You chose to hoard the resources. That’s on you.

6 Likes

I have some updates for you!

• Increased the number of Memories gained from Campaign from 9 to 12
  • Better mission limits: 5 total missions / Up to 5 memory and 15 disk power
  • Better mission limits for VIP9+: 20 total missions / Up to 7 memory and 20 disk power
  • Memory missions are faster: About 11 hours for maxed Red+12 Heroes, 13.7 hours for maxed Red+1 Heroes, 17.3 hours for maxed Orange+0 Heroes

Here’s some things to keep in mind when comparing the current system to the new system:

• It takes ~34 days of Mission time to unlock Mission H (most efficient for memories) in the existing system
  • Players lose a lot of efficiency by start times in the existing system…Even if you do 2 of the 10-hour missions a day (which would be expected due to sleep times…), that’s only 83% efficiency. And the efficiency just goes down if you’re less optimal than that.
  • Missions now scale up in speed over time, so having a fixed number of slots isn’t as big of deal.
  • Just because you run 10 memory missions in the existing system, it’s unlikely all of them are the the more efficient ones. So 5-7 fast memory missions with the new system is likely better than 10 less-fast memory missions in the existing system.
  • There are no more badge costs for missions! So the Hero chip cost for Memory missions should still be reasonable.
23 Likes

Still bad but I can live with that :man_shrugging:

So @Polaris what if we have missions already running during the update?

3 Likes

Okay these definitely sound like nice changes!

4 Likes

They will be finished and the rewards granted to your account.

6 Likes

And @Polaris, are there any plans for surplus memories?

This does sound reasonable, especially since, as you pointed out, the times will be going down further with increases in rank and level (hopefully that’s not too much of a factor, hint hint). While I’m still a little concerned with how this will impact players who haven’t achieved higher levels and ranks yet, and think it would be nice to have some way to get memories without spending hero chips, on the whole it does look like a solid improvement on the current system. Thanks for considering our feedback!

There’s three things I’d like to see, though I’m guessing at this point they’re all unlikely:

1. Still my main concern is the loss of all the existing story content. I wish you could somehow archive it and have it accessible, even if it’s no longer in the game.

2. With disk power still at a premium, it would be nice to have the ability to “de-power” disks, even if we got back only half of the disk power we put into them.

3. I don’t know how widespread this is, but I’ve got quite a few disks where I have excess memories after reaching five stars; it seems we should be able to do something with them, whether it’s trade them for other memories or tokens, sell them for gold, convert them to disk power, whatever.

Again, thanks for taking our feedback into account; I’m looking forward to the new system.

15 Likes

Not immediately, but I do know the design team is thinking about it.

12 Likes

Hi Polaris! I still think the max number of memory missions is too low, but all in all these are a pretty big step in the right direction. Thanks for the update!

4 Likes

No chip costs would be infinitely preferable. Badge costs are barely noticeable unless you’re out of them, in which case a small amount of raiding can last a while. Hero chip costs for red skills, mods, and stars are already a huge challenge; speaking for myself, I’d prefer getting a good number of memories for each chip to having fast missions or no badge costs.

I think the problem we’re having is that PerBlue is defining “efficient” as “fast”, while those with a similar viewpoint to my own think of efficiency as how much value we get out of our resources (in this case, hero chips, which are needed in bulk to build a hero up to the point where they can be used competitively).

But that’s only my own two cents, anyways. I’ll probably just ignore the memory missions. :man_shrugging:

9 Likes

@Polaris are the heros chips used for the mission still secondary hero chips? or we can choose which hero chips to use?

1 Like

@Polaris in the future, when we have more heroes, will our mission limit go up?

It would by nice to have any way to eliminate unused disc from the memory market

1 Like

Yes, still the secondary hero.

Right now there’s a cap of 15 total Missions, but we’ll see how that goes and if more are needed, we’ll adjust.

13 Likes

I don’t know how practical it would be, but I like this suggestion. And/or, maybe the hero chip could be an optional cost, with the mission taking 3 times longer without it (since in the game currently, a chipless mission takes roughly three times as long per memory).

5 Likes

@Polaris have an idea for that… either convert them maybe for red chips for both toons involved, or maybe memory tokens to buy other memories.

BTW, when will these changes be made available?

In 2.3 :neutral_face:

(Oct. 6)

4 Likes

Likely. 2.3

Patch Notes: October 2nd
Patch Update: October 6th

PerBlue Entertainment | Terms of Use | Cookie Policy | © Disney