IMPORTANT: Changes to the next Arena Challenger Season

@Samm can this be clarified if this is “Allies” (includes Stabbington Brothers, Lemmings summoned by Nick, etc.) or only the max 5 hero-line-up heroes?

2 Likes

This sounds much more likely to make Arena/Coli more interesting!

Thanks @Polaris :blush: quick changes like this in response to feedback are :100:

3 Likes

Should change it to: “Bonus Points: Number of seconds of lag experienced in battle”

3 Likes

Now this is becoming interesting.

2 Likes

Samm, you can use this

~~ XYZ ~~ (no spaces)

2 Likes

Even if I had started leveling up a couple of heroes in anticipation of the previously-announced changes. (To be honest, I was sort of hoping for people to go with John Silver(Ol) for the 40 seconds of non-removable Berserk, as there is a way to defeat that…)

I’ll post further feedback in the proper thread, but I still wanted to leave my thanks here. :+1:

6 Likes

The intended behavior is that it only counts the Heroes from your lineup, not the little extra friends. It seems like this is not working as intended, though :sweat_smile: Our team is aware it’s an issue and needs to be fixed, but I don’t have an estimate on when that will be. Good catch!

4 Likes

Yeah, it just always counted the little extra friends in the past.

HP remaining behaves the same way I believe. You could prob sub that rule with Shields reducing X damage one :man_shrugging:

2 Likes

@Samm the increased quick win bonus is live
Was that intended?

2 Likes

and some people already abusing it (as usual)

3 Likes

I think Little John should replace Pocahontas on April 1st in the challenger rewards

1 Like

It was not. Increased Quick Win Bonus Bug.

5 Likes

Black rocket shooter are not owned by Disney so they won’t come in the game.

2 Likes

Why in the world do we have the same terrible rules? No fantastic damage and no normal crit? You released and refreshed 4+ tanks and added spam buffers. This is a purely defensive month now for TWO months in a row. Sad

4 Likes

That has nothing to do with what I said.

Mark as spam and move on, youre wasting your time responding to them

4 Likes

Okay, early days and all but I already have a few things to note about the current point setup.

A: While removing quick wins is a step in the right direction, it does cause a noticeable decrease in the point cap as a result, and it’s much easier to reach. Conversely, this also puts those in different time zones at different levels of advantage. (For instance, for me Arena ends at 2AM. That means I’m liable to be locked out of 1st not because I can’t get the points, but because I can’t get them FIRST)

B: Any bonus points that rely on enemy defences, such as dealing damage to disabled enemies, healing or shielding, etc is going to encourage just putting the weakest hero as a defence lineup.

4 Likes

This is wrong somehow,

Bonus from keeping 5 heroes alive will be same for everyone, it’s so easy to keep all 5 toons alive in any fight against anything.

Scoring damage also isn’t increasing than 200 points whatever damage used so again, everyone will have same damage score…

At end, everyone in arena will have same scores, who will be the winner this case???

Scoring 500 for using buddies
Scoring 200 vs 5 normal damage
Scoring 1000 for the win

Always 1700, then 1700 then 1700

Everyone in arena will score 1700

In case buddies bonus fixed ,it will be:

250 for staying alive
200 for normal damage
1000 for a win

1450 on every attack lol

Who’s going to win???

3 Likes

Agree that these bonus points are not a good combination, since both are awarded on fixed amounts it’s just a race for who can get their points first :thinking:

2 Likes

The one which can keep the most summoned heroes alive, and week 2 rule might force some people to use true damage.

2 Likes
PerBlue Entertainment | Terms of Use | Cookie Policy | © Disney