Invasion Difficulty Changes with 2.7 - Feedback here!

Hello,
There’s some great discussion happening about the Invasion changes, and we’d like to hear more! This thread is for you to post your experiences and thoughts with the changes we made in Update 2.7.

20 Likes

Well as @Yunno pointed out in another topic, it would be nice if scalling would happen based on rarity of your heroes instead of team level.

I propose to do it this way: If a player had (in her/his top 10)
3 heroes at max rank (say R7)
2 heroes at the rank below (R6)
4 heroes at rank below that (R5)
1 hero at the rank below that (R4)

You can calculate what the average is: (3×7 + 2×6 + 4×5 + 4)/10 = 5.7

So that would make R6 most fitting to the situation, whilst you most likely have reached the max tl if you have heroes at the max rank.

Because of the situation that there are different colors, in the system the ranks should just be numbered for the average, starting with white (1) and ending with red 19 (40)

Like to hear from others what they think as well

10 Likes

Main issues with the new system are:

• Most players don’t have many heroes at the capped rank of their Team Level. TL is very easy to gain and not a good quantifier of someone’s power.

• To get the most rewards, it’s still better for low-ranked players to save all their breakers to participate on high rank bots at the end of the week.

• Nobody with higher power wants to participate on low-ranked bots for way less points than their own.

• The UI is imposing & difficult to tell when a bot is under attack.

• The shop refreshes at the wrong time.

• Breaker quests are broken.
    now fixed

8 Likes

I think this is intentional and only for this week

This issue is old…

And these are probably just (major) bugs that will be resolved, but the rest of your list is super valid

True, but I’ve not seen any acknowledgement of them so just reiterating the issue

1 Like

Eh… not necessarily

If the level you just beat is still available, get out of breaker quests and get back in. Then it’ll be fixed.

I have a solution for this… give one Team Crate as an additional “Helper” reward.

1. Induces participation on lower bots for free stuff.
  2. Cannot be obtained on your own bot.
  3. Guild bot can´t give the bonus Team Crate

The Team Crate would be of color of the Invasion.

If you help a lot of guildmates, you get a lot of Team Crates (as you do with Gold in Breaker Quests)

7 Likes

Please add seconds back to the bot escape countdown.Without the seconds showing, it is much more difficult to get multiple people hitting bots without everyone ending up with that annoying someone else is attacking message. With the seconds timer, we could consistently have 6+ people attack the bot before one of our big dogs kills the bot after 30 seconds.

2 Likes

I’m not sure I understand how the bots/ breaker fights scale with rank in the old system. I never noticed a difference before. As my ranks and toons grew I could get further with less difficulty. Now the lower rank players are rewarded less and have to do more work to progress. If the bots and breakers are scaled down for them is the idea supposed to be that they can bust through more breakers and bots while working twice as hard? Just doesn’t make sense.
Also I agree with complaints on another thread the color scheme (at least for red) is terrible. Makes me nauseous.

1 Like

A little off-topic but could we pls have a list of people attacked bosses, @Polaris? I mean, it’s so hard to know when to attack bosses and we dont really like asking everyone if they are ready or not…

Also, can we have auto quick fight in boss fight? It’s tiring fighting from boss lv 5 every single time…

And I agree with @Lucas1999, the rank of breaker quest and boss should be based on average rank of player’s heroes (which should be 15 because we need that many for war and coli). That way it should be much fairer

1 Like

I say rewamp the entire thing.

It’s not working as intended, not enough info on who attacked and who haven’t.

No reason to help with guild bots or a guild members bot just focus on your own ignoring the rest.

The entire thing is to time consuming, not rewarding enough, no reason to work together as in no incentive, and getting to bigger tiers are hard for smaller players unless they get lucky with a big player bit being out long enough to hit.

You haven’t fixed invasion you, haven’t even improved it either.

Go back and start over is my suggestion

The question is… for what other reason you want to know that other than see people attacking?

Like you wanna punish people not attacking bosses? :thinking:

2 Likes

I guess in order for those with mega bots to know when to finish it off, if plenty of people have got a hit in

Yes, what I pointed out is that the feature does have an informative BUT could have a suppresive tone as well. You got to count with that in balance.

I want to point out another piece of this, why this idea of having the scaling based on your heroes and not just team level and not just what’s on your server. We’re not far from having Yellow available and a lot of people are not going to be able to go to Yellow. Red is a 21 (including 0) step process to get through, and VERY expensive resource-wise (and $ if you go that way). If my breakers are Yellow and I’m not through Red yet… I’m screwed.

If Invasion is going to be fun and rewarding (and constantly losing isn’t), my invasion fights need to be based on my teams, not what’s out there on the server.

I have 1 R7 hero. None higher than L168. They were probably on 167 when invasion started. I was on TL169 when it started. Yet you said it goes up with every 5TL’s. So why are all my enemies R7? I used to do my collections in breakers. I can hardly take them down with my best and powered up toons let alone the weak and underpowered toy story hapless bunch. Can’t even do collections in breakers as a result of this mismatch.

What rank were they before patch 2.7?

collection is yellow week

You can progress any hero collection in any week, although it has become harder as mentioned.

PerBlue Entertainment | Terms of Use | Cookie Policy | © Disney