Invasion Rewards and Mods

This also feels like a poor decision because it put a total damper on any momentum the player base felt about the anniversary update.

6 Likes

Yep. They basically shot their own toe off the week before a big race.

5 Likes

You may not believe this, but I am not a person who typically posts on a game forum either. My activity in these threads should count for triple if you knew how infrequent it would be for me to carry on about something like this!

1 Like

Oh totally. Almost 1/4 of commenters on these threads have been first time posters. This was such an appalingly bad change that it brought people here to complain when theyd never been here before.

3 Likes

Going back a while ago there was a cost hike for the characters I believe other level 80 and also hike in amount of skill required, which upset your player base a lot then it was also other rewards will be increased to improvise the invasion was a great way the increase that, don’t get me wrong the mods are useful but not as good as the rest E.g. xp drinks, tokens for market and stamina refills

1 Like

As so many people have said, they don’t see the value in Mods. Our intention is for players to realize the power of Mods and then use them. We knew this wouldn’t be a popular change, but we love this game and want it to continue for a long time. If we didn’t care, we’d leave the economy to ruin and move on to a different project. It’s much easier than dealing with an angry community. :fire:

Here’s one point for you to think about - it’s not the ONLY one, but a good example of something we’re considering when we make economy changes:

Balancing the game economy - resources that are created vs resources that are destroyed (spent) - is very complicated and something that’s always in flux. That balance recently has been tipping toward too many resources created. Since the beginning of the month, we’ve been running a lot more bonus events. Remember, players asked for more events, and we listened. Contests, new heroes, and new content do drain out some of those resources, but when that doesn’t work, we have to look at the creation of resources and consider how to slow it down.

I do hope that this won’t rain on the anniversary parade, because the team has been putting in a lot of effort to make the anniversary something special for the players who have been with us from the beginning, and new players who are just joining us.

6 Likes

Slowing down the flow of resources is much better than destroying it entirely. And don’t bring up contests. You have been making it significantly harder to progress in contests. Please give us some compensation, like many other players have suggested, such as a 50% reduction to invasion rewards rather than a 90% reduction.

9 Likes

I personally, possibly along with many others haven’t really noticed a balance towards too many recourses. If anything my guild mates and I are still struggling. It’s not easy getting all the badge bits needed, as well as the XP drinks to level heroes up and then on top of that the gold that’s also needed to skill the heroes up.

Like I’ve said many times, the rewards in invasion were helpful but they didn’t completely change the game for me, they didn’t make me stop spending because I still needed to catch up.

Removing these rewards and now focusing on making the mods more powerful is a nice idea however I do not think its the best idea. For example those who do not spend and therefore do not have great heroes, cannot get into the higher tiers for invasion. This will lead to them not getting as much mod power as everyone else and then falling behind again in another aspect of the game. At least with the rewards before they had gold, stamina pots and XP drinks to look forward to while only getting to tier 14. It just seems unfair on the F2P players since they’re not able to keep up as it is.

10 Likes

My math tells me that 100% in mod power points increase is greater than 88% decrease in stamina packs.
I think what you mean is that a 2x increase in mod power doesnt help you progress in the game where as increasing the stamina packs back to where it was (33) would require a 825% increase from where it is now (4) which does help a player progress in the game.

2 Likes

Además recordemos que ponen ofertas de energía a 15 paquetes de 60 a 800 diamantes y antes de la invasión eran 720 diamantes por 40 paquetes de 60 de energía.

2 Likes

Also aside from F2P players, even I’m not able to keep up. I feel far behind in many ways while playing and I have spent money on the game. This should be a sign that the game is moving too quickly for many, I wouldn’t dare to imagine being F2P. I definitely would have already left by now if I were which is disheartening for me to say since every player in these updates should be catered for.

So many people have left each server whether they be powerful or not very powerful and it’s saddening to see people go due to the pace of the game being so quick. Admittedly I can see why the game is so fast pace, there are players who do max out their heroes within a few days of the update. This is why rewards from invasion shouldn’t be cut completely, the rewards were a benefit to players making it seem like we weren’t falling that far behind.

4 Likes

I suppose waiting the Invasion reward change until after the anniversary as in waiting until June would have been better, and yeah it saddens me a lot as well as it went this way in terms of the community and so close to the anniversary :-(.

I can understand if the previous rewards was a bit too game breaking for the economy and understand if they need to be lowered, but I do think lowering the rewards to like 200/250 EXP bottles for the reward that was 700 EXP bottles or so would be a good balance or at least at 150 EXP bottles.

Technically this is another thing entirely, but something shouldn’t be game breaking and still fun for us players. An idea I think is to lower the requirement to unlock friendship for new characters would be good as there are less and less high level players around max level, as in servers like server 5. The idea is just that the story content is unlocked earlier and can more easily be enjoyed, but the actual disks unlocked later.

Let’s say you need level 60-75 to unlock story content and 75-85 to unlock the disks, which in my view is s good balance maybe if not a little higher. It should at least allow newer players more easily to enjoy the story content and older players actually feel like they can afford to invest in the characters and get to experience their stories :-). A little something I came to think of as that should help the game stay healthier without changing the economy or power balance if done right.

But yeah, I understand if you at Perblue felt for balancing the game economy a bit, and yeah looking forward to the Anniversary update and hope we get to see a lot of interesting new characters and content :-).

2 Likes

Polaris correct me if I’m wrong, but when you talk about limiting resources being gained it comes off as “we’re not getting enough money”. I get that and if that’s what you mean, that’s perfectly understandable.

I spend a lot of money on this game. This week I stopped. Artificially driving demand by taking away resources will burn your player base and have them looking at other games. We feel taken advantage of when this is how you monetize.

Right now I’m slowing my spending because at the rate the game is going I won’t have anyone to play with this time next year. It’s too expensive. And it only keeps getting more expensive to keep up.

Happy to have a positive, realistic conversation man. But it’s very frustrating as a player when you keep pushing free players out of the game.

6 Likes

@Polaris
Can you site how the balance has been tipping to too many resources created? Given the complaints of cost of things, I don’t understand how this tracks.

I appreciate this nugget, but more information would make things more understandable.

Your mention of more contests is interesting. There has been a large number of complaints about how much more difficult the contests have become. The points per diamond, stamina spent, badge acquired, etc. have all dropped. How does this track?

I’d be very interested in the math involved and the logic.

Thanks.

6 Likes

No. Just no. Your response and ‘reasoning’ are complete and utter bull and you know it. You guys added something amazing to the game, invasion. That said, the amazing part was the rewards. Which you guys killed. Just killed. Consider how much xp is needed to level high level heroes, 1000 XP drinks was a drop in the bucket. I was finally feeling like I could do something in this game besides always being behind. You guys took the hope and enjoyment from this game.

As well, we don’t need level cap increases so often. Focus on other aspects to make the game fun. More end game stuff would be a blast.

5 Likes

Thanks for the update @Polaris.

It’s interesting that this “create vs spend” rate of resources is such a concern for you and the team. For myself, with the number of bits needed to craft top level badges, I now hold on to as many resources as possible. I very rarely use stamina batteries unless I have a double drop running (either from an item or even). I hold on to as many resources as possible so I can get the most benefit from them.

This usually means waiting for the level cap/rank increase and then using a 2X normal campaign drop rate item. Then, since I will be running many raids, I use all of the other 2X items and get as many badges, gold, XP, and team XP as I can with my saved resources. (isn’t this what everybody else is doing?)

When I’ve got enough heroes maxed stay somewhat competitive, I stop spending and start saving for the next update. With the last update, I stopped using resources early because I wasn’t sure if there would be options to acquire as many resources before the next update.

I’m not really trying to complain, I guess I’m just saying that it seems like we’re stuck in an odd feedback loop: The more in game resources it takes to advance heroes, the more we save. The more we save, the more you increase the amount of resources it takes to advance heroes.

14 Likes

Actually the Invasion gameplay itself I find to be very good. It allows in different weeks for characters to be utilized that you don’t normally get to play with.

However with this change in rewards the whole experience has been ruined.

5 Likes

But now we are stuck with the same formation over a over again each week because that’s the one we can afford to keep upgraded.

2 Likes

Yes this is true. Which discourages overall time spent in the game.

3 Likes

Frankly the company give us a LOT of talk this month, contest increases (score system), bad diamond deals, bugs issues, too hard and frecuent max level and rarity increases and the cherry on the top. This incident… that brings back the 6 star and the increase gold and xp cost back to our memories.

You didn’t want a rain in the anniversary, but looks like you bring the entire hurricane here.

17 Likes
PerBlue Entertainment | Terms of Use | Cookie Policy | © Disney