Patch Feedback

If that’s the case you have a SERIOUS problem of badge crafting since Red rank to fix. And I’m aiming low to say Red rank.

I hope that the Yellow QoL update can seriously lower the ridiculous prices we have currently.

4 Likes

cough since Orange+4 cough

2 Likes

I’m…not sure if it’s even possible. The game has almost 200 characters, and for an F2P, it will most likely take several months to bring just one from start to max. Nothing wrong or surprising in people picking favourites and heavily investing in them

5 Likes

This is definitely a interesting project. Nice work. :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

Maybe lower the rank a tad bit and maybe itll be on course.

I think people are confusing ALL heroes are worthwhile with I need to upgrade ALL heroes.

What does ALL heroes are worthwhile mean for you:

• You can choose to upgrade the heroes you love, without being a complete loser in arena/coliseum/surge. Love Ralph? Or maybe you have found memories of Huey, Dewey & Louie? Would be nice if you could use them daily :slight_smile:

• It adds many more viable strategies / hero compositions. This is a heaven for creative thinkers.

• Old heroes’ chips are - with a few exceptions - available in gold crates so F2P players should have tons of them and not worry about how to level their red skills

• Having more viable heroes DOES NOT mean you need to keep a larger roster than you do today. Get 15-30 heroes to max rank and you should have plenty of combinations to work with.

• You will no longer be pigeonholed in working on the same 30 heroes like every single player out there

• If you are a new player and don’t know yet who are the best heroes and keep leveling your starter heroes you don’t end up being super weak.

Looking at the above, I don’t see why people are complaining.

4 Likes

Franchise trials force to upgrade more heroes, so what’s with that?

Game gives nowhere near the resources needed to upgrade anything required.

No.

2 Likes

EU players will still get the same number of resets through the whole event, they just have this strange pause at the start.

This hints that there are limited number of times you can do each trial in a month. This is also not well explained by the game nor is it well visible. I presume it will work as the Daily quests in PW. Where can we see how many resets we have left?

1 Like

That is true, but as we can see even if you have 1 hero semi-leveled you get about 90% of the rewards as a person that would level all of them. My R0 Jafar was able to give me 8 essence, the max possible being 9.

1 Like

Of course it is relevant

If you want players to work on all heroes, then the resources given to a player that spends nothing and logs in 3-5 times a day should be enough to keep

Updated to a usable rank

Currently this is not possible. And we are not talking about close, it is FAAAAARRRRR from possible

The general feedback from on here and in various discord servers and ingame chat feels that yes the stat boosts were great
But it will not make people push Baymax from Purple 4 to Yellow 21 just to test if it is worth it.
They would rather just keep boosting the heroes they know are good.

Few suggestions - some possible, some unlikely:

• let trials scale to players heroes in that franchise. This will make it easier for lower level players to complete them without making it super easy for established players - if it can be done for City Watch and Invasion it can be done for this
  • don’t spread tasks to be single tasks per day. Honestly if I am busy one day and don’t log in, my mind says, oh youre only missing one task it is fine - but if there are multiple tasks or rewards I might make more of an effort
  • give more usuable rewards to players based on their journey. New players don’t want to see Megabit crates or red skill chips - let the lower tier rewards be skill consumables or enough badges to rank one of the heroes from white to red for example - useless for established players, bur very useful for a new player
  • the Trials screen is getting too crowded - either move some to Port (codebase for example can easily be more to ports there are ton of space) or split them out into events like @Winterbotton said here
  • the tutorial on patches is not well explained and we are still very confused as to how the stars, powers, levels, etc work.
4 Likes

I deviate on all of your opinions.

I don´t think all your heroes should be at usable rank. On the other hand, I also don´t think it should be 15-30 heroes. My idea is roughly 25% (which is almost 50 at this point).

However the gains absolutely do not correspond to that. There is no chance to really keep up 50 heroes at max rank freely right now. Let alone red skills, disks, mods or battle badges (oh boi!).

More nitpick: Why you give each player 28 x 4,250 x 3 = 357k “banked” stamina (aka barely 6k stamina consumables, ok there´s not the get more stamina - but is it really relevant considering the hard cap being around 60k?)… while offering 9.8k stamina consumables for $5?
There is really no wonder people call this game P2W if you give F2P players a bare amount of $3 worth of stamina. Yuck.

Moreover, it means that if you buy $20 worth of stamina (80k consumables), you effectively get 15x more progress than an F2P player. A $20 WORTH. @Loutre just why

4 Likes

This is just free stamina you get for logging in the game. It is not fair to look at only that.

80% of the stamina you get comes from gems, by buying stamina resets and using them during 80% stamina buy. Good players get about 20k gems per month for doing arena and coliseum. Top players get 30k.

On top of that 80% of the resources you need to craft badges come from badge crates and Trial resets. So the “daily login stamina” constitutes to about 4% of the resources you use to upgrade heroes as a F2P player. If a player relies only on that daily login stamina, then he is not really trying to play the game.

2 Likes

I’m just so disappointed

1 Like

This can practically NEVER be more than the amount you get for free.
The most you can get “per buy” is roughly 2k “banked” stamina. 6 buys is 12k (or 200 stamina consumables equivalent) per 500 diamonds.

Even if one has 30,000 diamonds, that’d be 59 resets… and overall would get 720k “theoretically”. Most of the time you don’t have 59 resets a month. :wink:
Even then 720k is 12k stamina consumables. So total of 21.8k theoretically possible, but rather unreal.

Again, 80k is 4x that meaning $20 get 5x the progress. You just pointed an irrelevant thing, bravo. :clap:

3 Likes

Bro I’m getting tired of arguing with you :slight_smile:
Anyhow, my point is that the free stamina is just a small portion of the resources we get as F2P. We should not neglect that.

1 Like

I did count 6 buys á 1,098 (+80% bonus) stamina as a base. So you are maybe forgetting that the GMS buy is low?

Total:
9.6k (free stamina) + 12k (“theoretical” if you have 30k diamonds and 59 stamina resets) + 1.5k x 4/3 (Prize Wall) = 23.6k stamina consumables.

Again, a $20 gets 80k. Alternatively, any of the Franchise Hero deals give 37k for $10.

Thus, 23.6k is worth 5.9 USD or 6.38 USD. A month. Is that a lot? Should P2P players have that much of an advantage?

Or will Loutre/Nugget blame it on “screwed-up balance” in S1 again? Which is in S14 and right now starts to be a bit on S21-25 as well?

2 Likes

Not to say that this hasn’t been an interesting discussion with some good points being made, but this technically is supposed to be the Patch feedback thread. Maybe it would be good to make a separate thread about stamina, resources available to F2P players, and how it compares to what spending players can get?

3 Likes

But this is linked together with the…

Patch Essence gives vs Patch Essence deals
and basically all the “gives” vs “deals”
interconnected in every mode, not just the stamina.

Every mode of progression is like that…

Stamina (badges), Gold (this one can be mitigated somewhat), Disk Power, Mod Power (obsolete to a degree), Red Skills (Hero Chips mainly but not only), Megabits and now Patch Essence.

3 Likes

Yes, please keep this to Patch feedback only.

Another thing I do want to bring up is that this is not meant to be a quick get. We wanted this to be longer. That’s why it is a month long.

4 Likes

Fair enough, but if okey could I ask a question based on what you said earlier in terms of wanting players to be able to work on all characters? :-).

How many characters should a player at the bare minimum be able to keep up at max badge rank?

I know this isn’t directly Patched Heroes related, but if okey I thought I ask.
Afterall, it relates to how many characters are player are able to patch.
(Planning to give feedback on Patched Heroes, just been busy in real life some).

PerBlue Entertainment | Terms of Use | Cookie Policy | © Disney