Power Craft - Zero Gold

Didn’t notice the issue until gold reserves were severely depleted, when you power craft badges you currently receive zero gold!
I thought this was my mistake but, I then quick battled a couple of hundred fights to increase gold levels which worked, went back to power craft an item, this time taking stock of the amount of expenditure , after the power craft, gold gained should have been 3.2m but again, zero gold credits added to the account!
Is this a known issue that will be addressed?
Many thanks

1 Like

I have only had vip 5 once upon a time for a day, so forgive me this stupid question:

Doesn’t power crafting also still costs money? Could it be that the badge you were trying to make was more expensive than the coins you could have gotten via raiding?

1 Like

Yep, this is almost certainly the case. Power Crafting works!

1 Like

Unfortunately no, that was why a double (and then stupidly triple) checked, looking at all the gold costs beforehand

hmm, could you share screenshots of what’s happening?

Ok, here goes again :slight_smile:

You can see from the third image that you need bits from eight different badges to craft Jane’s Sketch; additionally, there are three intermediate badges crafted in the process. To start with, you take A Very Pine Hat (25k to craft from 40 bits) and Love Birds (also 25k) to craft Token of Raditude (which costs an additional 40k to craft). You then use that badge, Driving with Style (60k), and AUTO (60k) to craft Super Fan (140k); that one, plus New Car Smell (95k) and Lost and Found (95k), make Locked-Away Memories (210k); and, finally, that plus Don’t Bat an Eye (145k) and Bao (145k) can be crafted into Jane’s Sketch (360k). Add it all up, and it costs 1,400,000 gold to craft Jane’s Sketch from scratch.

Now, let’s take a look at how much it cost to Power Craft that badge in this particular example: 467,504 gold. Why the difference? The answer is in the fourth image, which shows a haul of 932,496 gold from the raids done to Power Craft this badge. What happened to this gold? It was paid, as well as an additional 467,504 gold, to meet the 1.4M cost of crafting the badge. In summary, (gold acquired as Raid Loot) + (cost to Power Craft) = (total cost to craft badge)

I really think there would be a clearer way to display this information in the Power Craft screens, to show exactly how much crafting the badge costs in total, how much gold you get from the raids, and how much more you have to pay beyond what you get from the raids (or, on rare occasions, how much gold you keep from the raids). Given how often this exact question comes up, I think it would be well worth PerBlue’s time.

8 Likes

Hopefully they tell the story, had 450+ gold , cost to power craft was less than I currently had, promised reward 900+ gold… after crafting, remaining gold is less than 100 gold!
Hopefully my poor attempt at screen shots shows that

Appreciate the explanation and Now makes sense although, quite surprised that after more than two years this is the first time I have noticed.
Tried the power craft on less complex items and your explanation looks valid.
Thanks again

1 Like

Happy to help; I just hope this explanation clears things up for others as well.

I am also having this issue! I tried power crafting a badge that required 0 gold and realized my gold was not increasing. please fix!!

Because the gold you gained raiding for the badge bits was spent actually crafting the badge and all its sub-badges. See this comment for an example.

Also, don’t necropost next time ok?

Why haven’t they fixed the calculation of it then? It’s been months…

Because there is nothing to fix. :man_shrugging:

You get gold from raiding and spend it for crafting. That’s just all part of the process

1 Like

The calculation itself is fine, it’s just that the information displayed is confusing if you’re not paying close attention and willing to work the numbers out.

I believe Polaris mentioned in another thread that the dev team was considering how to make the information clearer, but I imagine it’s not the highest priority issue in their queue.

Actually, now with the Badge Drop Charts easily accessible in the forum I am unsure if it is actually a good idea to Power Craft, like since you have no control over where you actually grind.

Take Winniefred’s Spellbook badge for example, comparing its 3 badge placings you can see that one of them is clearly better to grind overall, that being 26-1.

11-3:

18-1:

26-1:

So yeah, it is true that Power Craft are nice if you don’t have a lot of time and are pretty tired, but to make the most out of your stamina I technically recommend manually raiding as then you can control where you raid and what badges you get. Like I have around 400 bits of Triton’s Trident just from getting in through raiding for other badges and as such getting as much out of the stamina as I can.

Something to be mindful of I thought.

That’s all very true, but most of the time this ends up being the key statement for me:

When I do have time, I’m more careful with farming bits, checking to see if any drops are better for me to farm from and, if so, doing a test Power Craft to see which node it uses; that way I’m still able to Power Craft roughly half the time while still (nearly) maximizing my stamina expenditure.

Yeah, I can imagine that and I do think most try to be efficient in terms of their badge farming, but since the hidden drop spots impossible to actually check without raiding/attacking it is hard to be as efficient badge wise.

And yeah, good trick to check which node the Power Craft uses, but I wonder does this only include the main badge places or also the hidden badge places?

PerBlue Entertainment | Terms of Use | Cookie Policy | © Disney