Questions for PerBlue: March 2021

Is there any chance if adding characters from Gravity Falls as heroes? There are badges already. Also, speaking of Gravity Falls, how about Bill Cypher as a World Boss? Oh, and adding a World Boss that everyone on a server would band together to defeat. And there could be prizes for individual and server milestones. There could be random debuffs and from time to time Bill could lock out certain heroes from fighting.
There could be other world bosses, but Bill Cypher is the first one that came to mind for me.

Also, can we get Rowlf from the Muppets as a support or control character?

This question is concerning the Alien Invasions;. How come we cannot inventory unused items like hero revives and power ups for use in future invasions? We can inventory everything else in the game, but why can’t we do this for items exclusive to the Alien Invasions?

Do you plan on doing hero refreshes in the future/near future?

We’re getting one next week :eyes:

7 Likes

I noticed that trials drop rate ends at 5, why not bring that up to 10 or 20 for high level players? Why not add new tiers for harder to reach items?

Mainly to you Leaf as I am reply to your original comment, but yeah up to you even though it would be really appreciated if you answered :-).

Q: In the last Q&A a player asked if older starter characters like Ralph, Vanellope, Yax and Woody, Leaf answered saying that refreshing the starter characters would imbalance the early game and as such not refreshing the starter characters. →
However in Chapter 1 the enemy version of characters such as Dash, Mr.Incredible and Bogo are actually stronger than the initial beta release due to their refreshes, so I wonder what you think about this aspect Leaf and if you think this side of the topic of refreshing the starter characters changes?

Leaf’s reply:
[Leaf] We’ve looked into refreshing the heroes everyone gets access to at the very beginning of the game, like Vanelope or Ralph, but we keep coming to the roadblock that it will throw off the balance and the play of the early game. Players who are new to Disney Heroes will have a more confusing experience, and will be less likely to keep playing and join our community. We’ve decided to hold off on refreshing Vanelope and other very early heroes like her until we can come up with a better solution.

Back then to address this I made an own post for this topic earlier and while I think it is a bit much to post everything from there here now, I will detail the most important aspects here even though I do recommend also reading through the whole post and answering it with all its info and thought in context.

While these comparisons doesn’t have the same exact parameters I do think they still gives us valuable information in terms of how the refreshes of Dash, Mr.Incredible and Bogo has affected the early game of chapter 1.

2018:

Dash battle: Chapter 1-3 - Dash lasting: 9-ish seconds when only considering only counting the time be was damaged - Full battle time: 20-ish seconds.

2020:

Dash battle: Chapter 3 - Dash lasting: 12-13-ish seconds when only considering only counting the time be was damaged- Full battle time: 22-ish seconds.

This shows us that the refresh to Dash has affected the early game experience, which likely apply to Mr.Incredible and Bogo most likely as well enemy wise in Chapter 1.
As such the intended original early game experience is altered and more likely cause actual confusion for the starting players than refreshing/buffing the starters would as the battles feels like they are dragging longer than they likely should optimally, may more likely leave than continue to play.

As such Leaf’s comment about not altering the early game experience kind of get countered by the fact that PerBlue themselves has changed the early game balance.

While the bonus Diamond crates doesn’t seem to come before after you have cleared Chapter 1, I would technically consider up to chapter 1-5/7 relatively early game, so unless Leaf specifically means Chapter 1 the comment about not altering the early game as it would make it more confusing is outdated probably by now.
The reason why I think you at PerBlue yourself have altered the early game experience by refreshes/buffs and giving out Diamonds Crates. so to balance the altered early game process I think it would be natural to buffing/refreshing the starter characters in order to have the early game experience like the original launch experience.

Or at least if wanting to keep the early game experience as it even if it has been altered by refreshes/buffs on the enemy versions of the characters, refreshing the Blue, Purple and Red skills could also be ideas, I remember Yax getting a buff that mainly affected his Purple skill so it is possible to refresh starter characters without altering the early game experince.

Also, this isn’t meant bad in any way towards you Leaf, just want address this as I think this is a really important topic :-).

Will there ever be any contests in the future that involves gaining guild influence or using friend stamina?
If not I want to use the trophies and friends campaign stamina I’ve been saving for over a year.

2 Likes

Are there any plans to add Disney junior’s characters?
For example, Sofia the first and Elena of Avalor.

How far into the Disney Vault did you guys go when choosing heroes and new characters to add, cause there are definitely some interesting choices you guys made when adding new characters to the roster lol?

Would you consider increase the max team number from 5 to 6 heroes- think it would help mix up gameplay/ team setup etc

Really want to be able have a Big Hero 6 team & not leave anyone out assuming that Gogo & Fred will be here @ some point this year lol

Would there be any chance you could add stamina pots to other shops in the game e.g Arena, Surge

Would give the freemium player base another way of getting stamina.

Give the players the choice of either getting hero chips, Badges or stamina.

1 Like

Could you remove TEAM LEVEL LOCKS from all Chapters, Ports and Trials in every Server? It is only available for S22, should be for all servers.

2 Likes

Not to mention it gives s22 future competetive advantage against s21 by possibility of hoarding up to r19 badges.

They won’t be merged for a long time from now, though. At least a year.

My best guess is January. So about a year of hoarding and s22 has been bigger and richer server to begin with.

Might it be possible to extend the double drops for the amount of time lost when the game provides the same drop within the original period? Example: a player opens a double drop at 6:00pm (for 24hrs) then the game provides double drops at 6:00am (for 24hrs) The player gets a total of 18 hrs but would have been 24hrs if done outside the second drop period. If it were extended only the time lost it would still be 24hrs. I know it seems petty but when purchasing packages with the double drops I hate to feel like I got the short end of the stick.

Can you really fix this when people block people the report actually works

Q: I made a Vote Poll in the Heroes related Q&A post since I saw many voted for Support in terms of what roles they wanted to have more of in the game, however as there are so many sub types of Support I thought I make a poll and see what people wanted specifically more so. →
So I wonder, while it is a relatively small sample could this poll be taken into account for the future when making new Support role characters?

1: Team Cleanser at 13(20%) / 2: Team Buffer at 11(17%) / 3: Team Healer at 9(14%),
Shared 4, 5 and 6: Team Speed Buffer, Team Energy increase(Cap and/or gain)
and Ally/Team Revive at 7(11%)
7: Remove enemy’s buffs at 5(7%) / 8: Team Type Resistance at 4(6%)

To elaborate a bit in terms of Team Cleanse specifically as right now from what I remember Kevin Flynn is the only character that has Team Cleanse as a White skill in the sense of not relying on other skills like the Red skill.
I know Felix and Rapunzel can Team Cleanse with their Red skills, however they are leveled locked and as such not easy at all to get leveled up and be reliable in terms of Cleansing.

The fact that only Kevin Flynn is the only reliable Team Cleanser and unfortunately pretty old in the game, is why so many people vote for that they want a new Cleanser or to say a refreshed/buffed old released if deciding not to make a new character who can Cleanse.

So yeah, I hope this can be interesting insight for you all at PerBlue :-).

Anyway we csn sell extra memory chips? I have so many extra taking up space

Oh yeah, apparently the design team was going to look at what they could do with surplus memories. I wonder what they have decided… :thinking:

1 Like
PerBlue Entertainment | Terms of Use | Cookie Policy | © Disney