State of the game 2nd Quarter 2020, when?

In February, @Polaris on behalf of the entire DHBM team at PB, posted State of the Game February 2020. It was to be the first quarterly State of the game, accompanied by the first (Kind of second) quarterly Dev Q&A. In 12 days June 2020 will end, marking the end of the second quarter. But no State of the game 2nd Quarter 2020 or Dev Q&A 2nd Quarter 2020 has arrived.
Community hope, happiness, and overall satisfaction is reaching a devastatingly low point, and for the 3rd time in the history of DHBM, I think it’s well deserved. I’m working on a post about what’s wrong with the game, and breaking it down to it’s most core problems, but ultimately the only thing that can reassure the community, is the next State of the Game. Honesty and Transparent are some of the most important things when running a game, and while I have hope for these State of the Game posts, if the second quarter you drop the ball, the game is already dead.

17 Likes

Maybe it will come out tomorrow on account of the patch

1 Like

And even with that state of game address , I personally don’t feel that kept up with what was said either : With monthly rushed cap increases, not keeping up with guild perks being proportional to game demands in my opinion At least. I copied the last game address and addressed how I would address the points in a post before ( How would I improve based on state of Game feb 2020). But do agree would be nice to see another soon just to see some sort of plan ahead message. I think I saw somewhere @Polaris said another was in the works as well as another q&a on one of the other topics posted. Yes I understand few finding Game easier in some aspects but from what I read on here, most people don’t. Maybe there can be a challenge switch that can be turned on and off for city watch so people can decide if they want the challenge (could up opponents 5% current players max level for an 2% city watch coins/red skill tokens depending on level played) and turned off for those that just want to attempt to finish daily without as much as a hard time to make both parties happy. But we shall see.

Again, Personally I feel the cap increases monthly and lack of new perks to help proportional given out more frequently is what is burning a lot of people out. It’s a good game don’t get me wrong, just needs to be more Realistic at times.

2 Likes

We’re planning to get it in before the end of the month! Is there anything specific you’d like us to address?

8 Likes

Upcoming charthers

1. Possible reboots of every game mode in the game? (Ports, CW, Missions, etc.)
  2. Balance?
  3. And most importantly… KP?
5 Likes

Gold increases weren’t enough… and maybe give us the resources WHILE the contest is going on next time…

1 Like
  • Is PB going to fix the resource balancing, or at least try to come up with a system that would help free players keep up with whales?
  • What modes are PB planning to rework? How soon?
  • Will there be more server merges soon, with some of the newer servers?
2 Likes

Thanks for responding let me just let some anger out.

Ok first of all are you guys even working on KP or did you throw her out the window to make more OP, unbalanced characters like you did with EQ and Beast? And also the gap between P2P and F2P has split open. The game has become a bit of a chore now. And do you even try to balance characters? Because sometimes it doesn’t seem like you do. Like you did Ducky and Bunny just straight damage and heal, nothing else. And I repeat WHERE IS KIM and is she gonna be broken too?

Sorry if I was rude about this.

3 Likes

If anything, we need a further difficulty - Epic is too easy now and the rewards are insufficient.

3 Likes
  1. Could someone strongly consider (or better: made it to the game) increase amount of skill chips from CW, so far we’re getting 10 new red skills per month, and even if all old heroes will get them one day, still 4 new heroes are released per month, heroes which dominate the arena and all other game modes, which are pretty a need after all. - multiplier of 15/20 could be good, we gonna have over 110 heroes with red skills shortly.
  2. Invasion - just one thing, increase mod power rewards by 5/10x.
    • Fragments and more variety of upgrades are also welcome.
  1. Kim Possible!?!?
  2. More sources of disk power, please?
  3. Lastly, increase rewards in the campaign and CW/reduce stamina cost in the campaign or reduce cost of hero upgrades (skills and XP).
7 Likes

I am not sure if this fit for a State of the Game post and probably more so a Live QA, but still I thought I address it here.

I would like to know the reason to why the hidden badge drops aren’t possible to look up in the game itself after you first have found them? While the community can themselves find the badge drops for the stages and post them, but still compared to the convenience of being able to check in the game itself I think is a big difference. Would also help a lot those who aren’t online on the forum, Discord or other information sites, as by showing all the potential drops they can more easily assess why stage it benefits them most to grind on.

I think the best way to get better badge grinding efficiency is to let players know all the drops in a stage and as such can more easily understand which stage is best for them to grind on in order to maximize the grinding for badges they need. While it would be good if the amount of badges we need per badge could be reduced or a higher chance of getting double of a badge, but at least helping people better efficiently grind could be a goal game design wise in terms of adding more good Quality of Life/convenience content into the game.

/

Another thing I would like an update on is how it is going in terms of the feature that will let us read the campaign story again more easily, since feature was announced or at least hinted at earlier I think.
I myself would very much like the option be able to read through the previous campaign story content more easily, as well as the friendship content if possible.

2 Likes

Also, one more thing, could diamond crates finally give orange and red badges?

7 Likes

When thinking about it, I think it could be a good idea to compare what you have implement into the game so far this year and if it contributes to meeting the points/goals from the last State of the Game post.
These are the points from the last State of the Game post:

• We need to do a better job closing the gap between casual and serious players/payers.
  • Some hero power creep is okay, but we need to watch out for heroes who are truly OP.
  • Some game modes are getting a bit stale:
    • Either too easy, too boring and/or the rewards are falling behind.
  • We need to make sure we keep bugs and event issues as infrequent as possible, and squash them as fast as possible when they do pop up.
    • This is more important to most players than new development.
  • The friend system, especially missions, need a revamp in a big way.
  • You love the story, and would love a way to re-read it.

The first point I am not sure if has been properly addressed yet, even if there might have been attempts and there having been small improvements here and there.
The second point depends on how you see it, since after the second Anniversary with Minnie’s release there have been a new power creep spike, so not sure what to say on it. The most important thing I think is that a character has a counter as that helps balance characters that are OP power wise.

The third point I assume are already being worked on as a new kind of Surge is being tested.
For the forth point, I would say battle/character bugs and such the Development team is usually pretty good at fixing, but UI bugs and bugs that don’t affect gameplay directly is something I think could be worked on, even if yes some bugs might be really hard to catch and that’s understandable.

As for the Fifth point, I am actually not sure if the Friendship missions themselves need a revamp, but the Friendship Mission UI could need a UX(User Experience) overhal and make it easier to search of different types of friendship missions. I don’t know if this a bug or cut back on the writing for friendship missions has been cut a bit, but it seems like friendship missions are bugged these days otherwise as it seems like friendship mission progression text are missing and the friendship mission stories reaching a stratifying conclusion.

In terms of the sixth point I kind of addressed in my earlier post, but yes the feature that let us players more easily read the campaign story again and if possible it would be nice to be able to read through the friendship story content as well. If the status on how the work on this kind of feature is proceeding it would be appreciated.

2 Likes

There’s been one coming soon™ for a while - it was outlined around the same time as the new Surge which is in beta now, so hopefully it won’t be too far away.

Ah I see and hopefully the revamp related to friendships getting released/announced soon then :-).

1 Like

Where it was said?

guild leader section - because of course, only guild leaders do friendship missions /s

1 Like

Wdym??..Guild leaders…only do frndship mission??

1 Like

Ah yes, sure. Only them. :wink:
tenor-5

1 Like
PerBlue Entertainment | Terms of Use | Cookie Policy | © Disney