State of the Game - May 2021

Oh I didn’t know that but thanks for letting me know so next Friday

1 Like

I think this is better off in DHBM Photo Gallery.

1 Like

True but it will help those who buy hero chips and don’t have time to level skill 1 by 1
They think hero chip crates and triple elite drops help to get hero chips but I don’t think so they are not enough at all

1 Like

I’m looking forward to the update.
But around me, the fun of the game is diminishing. I’m thinking of two measures.
One is to stimulate the feeling of competing. For example, codebase ranking.
The other is that you can play in cooperation with many users. For example, add the difficulty level in Heist. Or, in Heist, fight against the team. It’s like finding a hideout in a team of several users.

1 Like

Codebase ranking? Lol, everyone would just have the max score eventually. Pointless.

Heist is dead.
Mods are dead too. (The levels, only upgrades matter now)

1 Like

To Polaris:
First of all this is mainly meant as constructive feedback and help you at PerBlue better understand the players’s perspective. I hope you Polaris and others at PerBlue can find the post of mine helpful.

Unfortunately, to me it is hard to quickly extract the important information between all the padding, making me having to read extra careful to not miss anything. By padding I mean text that doesn’t explain the feature or the improvement.

Like an example, I the first time around when I read I didn’t noticed the part with the Power Craft Upgrade given the fact that there were so much text around and as such making it harder to quickly extract important information.

While technically not that hard to spot I see now, but still the fact that I missed on my first read through shows that the writing format could be improved in order to make it easier to extract important information.

The August 2020 State of the Game post would be the best example of what we players would like from a State of the Game post, a lot of interesting and reassuring information, easy to read and extract information, as well as easy to screenshot for reference later. Examples:

This post also include a section on “What we are working on” and “What they hear we players talking about”.

This format from February 2020 State of the Game post would also be a good alternative if the August State of the Game format time is a bit much to write, lends itself also to easily able to extract important information:

While we do technically have the roadmap now, I still think formatting would be helpful still for a State of the Game post.

I understand if formatting the already posted State of the Game post to the other 2 formatting types is a bit much, but if you could make a simple bullet-point type summary of important information mentioned in the State of the Game post from today it would be really appreciated.

Hope this feedback can be of help Polaris and yeah, thanks for the 3 years and looking forward to see what we get in the game in the future :-).

13 Likes

Totally agree with everything you said.

Invasion: Didn’t change anything for most players. Needs quick fight and fewer bot levels (I don’t want to spend hours going 5 levels at a time). Needs more benefits other than slowly adding easy tier levels.

Epic CW: Yah this is not clear. And in general, the gap between maxing the four skills vs Red skills is like the gap of a hut vs a mansion. Too many hero chips and skill chips.

RS: Sounds like just a slider like we have for White to Purple… zzz

Hero Management: Sounds good, but probably took a lot for a small QoL update. Just please add a search bar.

Resources: Huge and the main problem, because PB is set on riding power creep. We are forced to choose only 5-15 heroes.

Also, badges need to be fixed. We use 20% of them most of the time while we have thousands of the rest of the 80%. It’s secretly trying to force us to need more stamina and it’s really sinister.

3 Likes

Reworking the invasion tier levels has been one of the best changes in the game over the past year, though I thought that happened before the previous State of the Game post. The other changes, while nice, also have drawbacks; in particular, tying Invasion Difficulty Scaling to a player’s team level still leaves a lot of players unable to participate meaningfully, since few people are able to promote a sufficient number of heroes to keep pace with their team level.

To be honest, that’s caused me to lose interest in the campaign story, since it’s now clear that PerBlue views the campaign solely as a mechanism to keep increasing level caps and has no plans to actually conclude the story.

IMHO, the added time commitment for the Yellow Rank is minimal; the added resource commitment is substantial, especially if one wants to enhance more than one or two Battle Badges.

This sounds moderately useful to me, though I won’t be able to promote anyone too many ranks before I have to stop to farm more bits for Love Bug or Wicked Beats or any of a myriad other low-level badges in constant heavy use. Should be a tremendous time saver for the top 1% of players, though.

@Polaris, quick question: Are the Hero Spotlight and the Anniversary Spotlight two terms for the same thing, the trial where we’re teaming up two maxed heroes with Fozzie? If so, it’ll be nice to see that coming back, and it would be even more fun to have it as a permanent part of the game.

Which is nice, as having more tools to sort and organize ~150 heroes could be a time saver. Although I want to ask about this line from the December State of the Game:

Are there still plans to work on improving resource and reward scaling? Because the rewards for many game modes are still languishing at 2018 levels, and costs are continuing to climb faster than resource generation, at least when it comes to hero XP, hero chips, and stamina. Even the newest mode, the Codebase, already has scaling issues with its rewards.

7 Likes

YESSSSS THANK YOU PB!!

1 Like

Same thoughts. Maybe we can select who to choose?

1 Like

Unfortunately, I find this state of the game very disappointing.

Unfortunately, it only shows again that Pb tries to present itself well.

But if we are honest, this work that was done over a year was done. That is really not much, in other companies something like this would have been implemented within two or three months.

The worst part about it, unfortunately, is that Pb doesn’t care what the players say, no matter how well they explain it. Pb reads it (if at all) and ignores all the good suggestions.

Unfortunately, it shows how little emphasis is placed on players and how little has changed over the three years.

A lot of work would have to be done on the QoL, but I have already said goodbye to this hope.

7 Likes

No! It’s a team effort. Otherwise it’d be a bit… Boring

1 Like

Who even plays heist if there was no disk power as reward? Hardly any

1 Like

Who says there wasn’t anything done? U see in invasion, they changed the reward system. So now, it’s simpler for almost everyone who can play invasion.

And please don’t be pessimistic, maybe there are other big surprises in store?

1 Like

Thanks for all the work you do! But don’t forget to include professor ratigan

2 Likes

Please read it correctly too. I didn’t say that they didn’t do anything. Regarding the invasion, they only repaired what they had previously broken themselves.

I have watched the game and its progress for 3 years, I think I can give you this conclusion about it.

And if you had read the roadmap, you would know that “big things” are not coming. 🤦

3 Likes

Well, I’m not observant enough. Looks like I said something wrong.

1 Like

Some people just believe if you don’t agree with their view on a problem then you just didn’t read it or understand correctly.

Rather then taking the positives you mentioned in to account they were looking for a quick way to minimize or dismiss your opposing view.

Don’t take it personally, some people get caught up in their own argument and don’t like facts or reason to get in the way :slight_smile:

4 Likes

Would have liked more details in the hero management upgrades coming soon and more info about resource/reward scaling

2 Likes

It seems like the Hero Management update only mainly mean “Hero UI Management” and not “Hero Cost Management” unfortunately.

While we do know we are getting some time reduction for the time it takes to level up Red Skills, but what that mean specifically I don’t know.

In terms of the stamina issue Polaris didn’t mention specifically as far as I can see in the State of the Game post, so yeah not a good sign unfortunately.

4 Likes
PerBlue Entertainment | Terms of Use | Cookie Policy | © Disney