Update 3.3 Known Issues

I don’t suppose we can move this fascinating discussion to a thread (like this one) where it would actually be on topic, and keep this thread for discussion on bugs and problems with Update 3.3/3.3.01?

7 Likes

:man_shrugging: I’m pretty sure PB don’t want people being locked out of their cash cow.

A quick google suggests that other app developers do indeed have the same issues (or worse!)
App has been under review for over 40 days - no response from support - Forums (answerhub.com)

If your friend is kicking your child from their guild because of a known problem with app store approval, I might suggest you need better friends (and better guilds!)

Spending a certain amount in game doesn’t offer any bonus influence with having your feedback heard, as I’m sure being an (actually fairly small) game development company doesn’t have any sway with getting quicker app approvals.

Well, it is going to get there.

9 Likes

Some people have the feeling it should have.

I see. I would have preferred if you didn’t obfuscate VIP ring gains, though.

It is really shocking to see people arguing, on BOTH SIDES of the issue. This is a game, and while those of us who have spent actual money are frustrated, we should also be realistic. HOWEVER, I do feel PerBlue is dropping the ball with this as it is now day 9 without Amazon providing the update, and without any real updates from PB except “We have not heard from Amazon”. Not knowing how many customers this impacts, I feel PB should be more proactive with updates and explanations, instead of waiting to reply to people, especially as they know this is an ONGOING ISSUE.

For those saying the issue should be taken up with Amazon, there are two issues with that logic

1. Amazon will tell you to contact the developer, i.e. Per Blue
  2. This is just like those of us who ordered things online during last Christmas. It may have shipped from the company (PerBlue) in a timely fashion, but once in the shipping system (Amazon), you are at the mercy of that shipping compnay. However, when you complained, you complained to the company who shipped the product, not the shipping company!

I still feel this is the wrong topic for this discussion, but assuming Loutre is being truthful about the situation (PerBlue sends update, Amazon doesn’t approve it and doesn’t send any feedback as to why it hasn’t been approved, PerBlue repeatedly contacts Amazon for either action or information, Amazon doesn’t reply): What else can PerBlue do? Hire white-hat hackers to infiltrate Amazon’s system? Threaten to sue a multibillion-dollar megacorporation? Resubmit the same update dozens of times a day? Start making random changes before resubmitting? I’m really unclear on what else PerBlue can do beyond what Loutre has stated they’re doing.

(And if you believe Loutre is lying about it: why do you think your complaints will change anything anyway?)

5 Likes

Maybe don’t release updates/have update day until all device types are preapproved first :man_shrugging:.

So why not blame both :man_shrugging:.

I do not feel we are being lied to, but there is proactive responses and reactive responses. Reactive response come after the complaints start, but as I saw on the most recent update thread yesterday, they have the ability to know when updates on Apple and Google are processed, as the post had green checks as it went through the different stages.

I find it hard to believe that Amazon does not provide a similar update system to their app developers. Also, since this is not the first time there has been a long delay with Amazon updates, it seems odd that PB does not have a direct contact method to someone in Amazon to address this, as in this scenario, PerBlue is the customer, as they pay Amazon a cut of the in game cash purchases, so it is in Amazon’s best interest to keep the game active, and as the customer, PerBlue has a right to know why there such a delay is occurring, now for it’s third time.

Amazon had not even approved the update while Apple and Google had. We had been waiting for any response from Amazon. We had contacted someone directly and did not hear from them as well.

We are also very frustrated with this.

We have now gotten the update approved and it should be live very soon.

7 Likes

While I personally wouldn’t have a problem with that, I can only imagine how angry some players would be over having the update sometimes delayed for several days while waiting for Amazon’s approval.

While technically true, I doubt the money that Amazon gets from PerBlue amounts to 0.00001% of their revenue, so I wouldn’t be surprised if Amazon doesn’t view it as a high priority.

(And I ought to clarify: while my previous comment was in reply to you, I meant to direct it towards everyone who’s been saying PerBlue needs to do more regarding Amazon’s delays. I know you weren’t accusing Loutre of lying, but others have.)

Oooooooooooooooh.

Jeffrey just had a vacation. Or the employees :joy: They are underpaid from what I heard afterall, no?

1 Like

I mean wouldn’t have a problem with it either. Frankly don’t care if they would get mad personally, would be nice if things were more fair and balanced between user types (like personally find it bs even if apples fault, that Apple users can’t do fyber or tapjoy offers (even if how sketchy they can be and only have theorem surveys to get extra “free” game gems. As three musketeers would say should be “all for one and one for all”))

I think this is pretty self explanatory

3 Likes

4/5 is incorrect on the top quest.

That’s the issue, right?

mhm, I think clearing 100 Diamonds and 1 Diamond crate sets the total quest complete count to 4/5, but still adds 1 when you click on the Claim button for said quests

Thanks for reporting this!

5 Likes

@The_Real_Numi they must still be on vacation cause still no update

Regarding the 3.3.01 update, were you and your team going to fix all the crash issues?

They were already fixed.

4 Likes

What did they fix?

PerBlue Entertainment | Terms of Use | Cookie Policy | © Disney