What's this?! (Spoiler thread)

Yes, on that post is the binary strings

I’m starting to think we needed more of a hint than what we got haha

Just trying to put all together
The way so far:

First post is:

Cipher text: Krnkfrxchs Jqtnclbrq Qrha Tchy Rfrkbphtq Chtj Snpha Brpntrhchs Tnpvrfq. Ijn tbr ichpf lfur, uqr Qrktrgorn’q kptlb hjtrq pq tbr kpa tj brfk yju arljar.
Plain text: PERPLEXING OSTRICHES SEND TINY ELEPHANTS INTO GRAND HEARTENING TRAVELS FOR THE FINAL CLUE USE SEPTEMBER S PATCH NOTES AS THE PAD TO HELP YOU DECODE

If we look at the text we see two phrases
If we look into the first letters of each word in the first one we get P O S T E I G H T.
And the second phrase give us the key for the final clue (September’s patch notes).

The next one is:

Cipher text:Jmng xaf, usf’ts oinxlkbxc cievwzk plp jozk kj ejwe rka! Ejs zitx skbf mo kzkbs xk fp qb bsox zps tyjhcgr flevea bura xsqieejh zps tyjhcgr rmbxj vvdia, ffv may’ni rqwzk ps scjq xk ydg mayn klos wrkawgrsi ps qkbp xdi yglf oac. Hjwol dicq vmw w wvkzx xdee ecgpz fp c dawp sy vvuw oinvwar kj ejs rsnyx?
Plain text: Nice job, you’re certainly getting the hang of this now! The next hint is going to be on post one hundred thirty nine thousand one hundred fifty three, but you’re going to have to use your game knowledge to find the next key. Which hero has a skill that could be a post on this section of the forum?

This was found on the Welcome thread on forums which is the eight post.

The key is WELCOME (Vigenere encryption)

In thread number 139153 there are binary strings which decoded give us:

GVOY OPYCO AZ QX NPK LRQKXJOPQZ HKNCKKX NCY BKRE WGMQIGV HKQXMO QX NPK MGWK
Using this keymap

We get: ALSO SHOWS UP IN THE FRIENDSHIP BETWEEN TWO VERY MAGICAL BEINGS IN THE GAME
Notice that the clue TRON was used here.

This lead us to Merlin where we found this encrypted message

Usaeiou e wwe cbzqz eer tzrnvwz: hwv wjgxwtxic uwsrbb alvr jdhi qrmcz, xzf bhgow nswawic aidpij dqqr bulwv, hhr kwyc bfzju xg aal omzpo grsxj mn lygxwobtk, tpr gdsfx ok wfuhvvf cmm viialy zr ise tefg, twx nize aj epe fpawzkhkg wwxrm log llde vo rhmxyefi nqtg oaytv bg lvl qrdq fozl xzags, pgd bue zexm ob bsp cedbe bsau avonxz cgyg vsgsexw (qt gpr mets cs tirmw?). Ffuo gzf’ng cdelmptqh pdejibstxh, mview gh hdp tpvs mpw atcffqd, nqv ns wiyo blw xbx!

Using the September patch notes we get:

As the patch notes were used to decode the last clue, I guess that is the final clue.

We have a couple of interpretations

So Our only path now is to think about how this all started.

16 Likes

This started once the October Sign In info was posted, so…

IT all started like this.
Maybe use the same principle on the last clues? but on the end? the last words?
Enemies of Captain Jones crew?
Also Tia dalma got a refresh…
Idk…my mind…
Also go to end…last appearance of Davy Jones is on movie worlds end :stuck_out_tongue:
Unless there is something in the friendship of Davy jones and hook…but i dont have info there.

1 Like

And Tia Dalma was freed into Calypso…
Maybe the Calypso form is part of the Tia’s refresh?

The line who started all is

And Tia Dalma refresh was delayed, but if we talk about delays and patience, Kim is the winner.

If the big surprise is related to Tia Dalma, well I think that is kinda disappointing (to me). As Davy Jones is part of the clues this is a strong possibility or even more characters from Pirates of the Caribbean that would be nice.

In treasure hunts, I find that the reward is in solving the mystery, not so much so the reward at the end. :grimacing::grin:

12 Likes

It never was. Friendship update was.

Thanks for pointing that!
I thought it was delayed.
So i got nothing again about “patient” and “long time”, well Kim…

1 Like

I better not see anyone saying they called it about Kim if she actually comes, someone “calls it” every time new patch notes are released

1 Like

Hey, maybe Cats has something to do with it (Or not, is just s theory) since when Polaris said that the patch notes were delayed he well, sent a Cat. And I searched Cats on Disney Wiki (I dunno if its a reliable source) and Captain Amelia appeared on the list (somehow). Well now that I think about it, the theory is pretty lame but it was fun to think about.

You’re overthinking it

We got all the clues we need

This all started from Polaris’ What’s this? post.
So now go find the end… End of what?

I may be wayyy off but what’s this is NBC end of the movie zero played a big role… maybe saying zero will come out this month? Just a thought

Maybe jack skellington will get a refresh…?

Ok, I’ve got to put my 2 cents in on this,

Blast these Enemies seems to me like playful reassurance that October Villains is indeed happening. Friendships is obviously referring to the Friendship refresh that’s coming in 2.3, I think we can all agree on that. Davy Jones is likely referring to the Tia refresh. Guilds… I’d love to believe that we’re getting Guild Level 6, but they always take forever to do new Guild levels, although I don’t see any other options. On the Case, let’s get positively real here, if it isn’t Kim the Kimplaints will become more unbearable than ever. Emblem of Bravery, this is the most strange for me, but I think it might be hinting that Mor’du in particular is coming for October Villains, maybe even this update.

6 Likes

Emblem of bravery - Merida’s red skill!

I guess I’ll remind the thread again, Polaris told us we have all of the clues to solve the puzzle. We aren’t predicting the patch notes here. We’re finishing a scavenger hunt.

1 Like

Thank you, guv.

Could you make a suggestion?

1 Like

I honestly thought trying to reply to the original post with our final key words was a great idea, although it seems it didn’t work out. It really feels to me like something has to be done in the October sign in notes or the “What’s this?” Post. I’m just not entirely sure what.

1 Like
PerBlue Entertainment | Terms of Use | Cookie Policy | © Disney