3.5 Known Issues Thread

There was no in-game messages to the players involved. One person who was not involved got a message Monday morning that they were kind enough to share with others. Once made aware, the gameplay stopped, and we still got banned.

So yes, banned without any direct communication and when it was indirectly addressed, the said gameplay ceased - and it still resulted in a ban.

At least you got a direct warning and a chance to rectify it before a ban.

There’s a weird discoloration on Donald. It doesn’t happen every battle. Ngl I kind of like the look.

3 Likes

I’m not one of people who take advantage of this glitch but to be fair, people take advantage of loophole in every aspect of life. Not just in this game.

And frankly, you can’t blame people for doing that. Isn’t it developer’s fault in the 1st place for not being aware of said loophole?

Like the laws, when someone takes advantage of loophole, they can’t punish them for those actions. They can only be punished after new laws get implemented regarding to those loopholes

I’m pretty sure Perblue doesn’t know those loophole until someone take advantage of it

It is not right for people to abuse the loopholes but Perblue can’t shift all the blame on them because of their own ignorance and neglect. It is Perblue’s fault that loophole exist in the 1st place

5 Likes

So I will be frank. I am the one who found said loophole and convinced people to do it. I was unaware that it was a violation of the tos(and yes I read them before proceding with it because I wantes to make sure)
I would accept being punished if given a warning first. There was no warning or anything sent to me saying that im in violation and if i continue something would happen. Im not against you guys reprimanding people for doing it but at least make it fair in the sense that no one knew it was ganna get them suspended for doing it.
I wouldnt even be mad that you guys took the resaurces back that we gained from doing it .
The way you guys went about this has honestly made a lot of the people suspensed EXTEAMLY upset and are all thinking of quiting this because of the way you guya handled this @Loutre

5 Likes

You are welcome to leave the game any time you wish.

Using an exploit in game to gain more rewards is considered cheating. I’ll be working on a more specific TOS this week. Jumping from guild to guild in order to gain more rewards is pretty clearly not intended behavior for our contests.

We will be removing all extra items earned, sending out warnings and if we see that an account has broken rules before/been caught cheating previously or going to more than 2 guilds they will receive a ban.

It’s unfortunate you feel this is unfair, but it is also extremely unfair to players who were not using this exploit to gain multiple rewards.

16 Likes

How could people change guild 3 times and still get rewards during this contest? Isn’t there a 24hr cooldown? :thinking::thinking::thinking:

3 Likes

PB isn’t in office over the weekend so people changed guilds during their off time… so each day over the weekend is 24hrs

4 Likes

@Loutre no warning was given before i was suspended ? This is why the people are upset

2 Likes

We do not always have to give warning. We give warning as a courtesy it is not required.

2 Likes

That is quoting you saying you always give a warning lol
Not even for something that is game breaking. Like I could understand if we were hacking or ruining the game for other but it wasnt. It was simple aquiring more resources from which the game is lacking on. Everyone had the ability to do it I just so happen to be smart enough to actually figure it out. In the same sense you guys sent out a warning for exploiting the invasion thingy which actually affected other people within standings. Nothing we dis affected anyone else in this game

2 Likes

“We always send warning first” Vs “We do not always have to give warning”

Both said by the same person…

I’m sorry but that sounds really contradictory…

Also,

Isn’t this too cold?

2 Likes

You can send me my own quotes, but I will not be reversing any decisions on this contest issue. For issues where we find cheating in game using the systems we have in place we do always try to send warnings.

It is unfair to others that you abused a bug ingame to get multiple rewards. Again, this decision will not be reversed. I will not continue to argue it with you. Your ban will remain in place.

1 Like

I fully accept the suspension as I said before and I’m not aguring with you im just stating that you guys really need to handle this like this better and stop stepping on your own feet when rectifying these situations in the future

1 Like

We do always try to give warnings in most cases. For that specific quote it was about going through our in system checks on cheats/modifications to the game data which does always send warnings before a ban.

Again, we do not always have to give warning.

I am only human I do make mistakes and say things that may be contradictory to something else, but when a new issue comes up things may need to be changed for that specific case.

You are welcome to leave the game any time you wish. We are not forcing anyone to continue to play Disney Heroes you are always welcome to step back from the game.

8 Likes

Hum… . I do agree one should always get a warning before been banned, like such is good customer service, especially when people aren’t told beforehand that they will be banned if they do it.

Curious, would it be a workaround to let those players still have their accounts, but make them unable to get the next contest rewards until they have lost as many rewards as they technically gained through changing guilds?

Not meaning to argue or anything, just curious about the thought in terms of this approach?

4 Likes

So is this a permanent ban? 1 week suspension?

They can take the resouces back so thats not the issue. They felt like it was against the spirit of the game so they suspended us

No, we will not be reversing any bans. The players who were banned were the ones abusing it multiple times or had previous cheating on their accounts. Players were given a three day ban which I feel is fair.

9 Likes

Ah, just a 3 day ban? Not a permanent ban?

Happened to not catch that and if so I suppose fair enough yeah :-).

2 Likes
PerBlue Entertainment | Terms of Use | Cookie Policy | © Disney