Eeyore - Character Concept Project

Disclaimer: This and future concepts will not and will never include Red Skills

Oh I wish I hadn’t been so busy on Friday, otherwise I would’ve been able to post this before the patch notes >.< I only had to touch up a few places in a Friendship, write a summary and ending notes, and then it would’ve been ready to post.

Sigh.

I’m suuuper salty, but c’est la vie, that’s how the cookie crumbles etc.; I’m still proud with what I was able to come up with

I still hope you guys enjoy this 38 page concept :smiley:

Especially you @Monarch_Mummy_V

Please excuse some of the now outdated sentences below.

Please also excuse some of the wonky formatting; unfortunately, the formatting on this site doesn’t allow me to copy over the neat formatting I did in my Google Docs - a shame, since I was able to almost recreate the Friend Disc screen; not to mention that it didn’t carry over the cropped pictures of Eeyore I had in the Friend Campaigns :upside_down_face: :upside_down_face: :upside_down_face: :upside_down_face: :upside_down_face: :upside_down_face: :upside_down_face: :upside_down_face: :upside_down_face: :upside_down_face: :upside_down_face: :upside_down_face: :upside_down_face: :upside_down_face: :upside_down_face: :upside_down_face: :upside_down_face: :upside_down_face:

After a long hiatus, and in honor of a certain silly old bear coming to the game in the near future, I present to you all:

Eeyore!

\

Character Portrait:

|376.00000000000006x283

Name: Eeyore
Star: :star2:
Role: (Controlling) Tank
Position: Front
Trial Team: Blue
Quote: "It never hurts to keep looking for sunshine.

I wanted to use, “The nicest thing about the rain is that it always stops. Eventually.” but I think Eeyore only said it in the books by A.A. Milne.

Bio: Although he lacks energy and willpower, Eeyore still does his best to provide any support to his allies in whatever way he can.

Eeyore has low Tenacity, meaning he won’t be breaking through ailments sooner anytime soon

Eeyore has decent Reality with low Armor, with pretty good HP.

Eeyore’s energy gain rate is Medium-Slow like Goofy

If you want to shut down Eeyore, Disables and Debuffs are the way to go

Also, there’s something new in the Friendships section :grin:

Movements

Entrance: Eeyore leaves his stick house

Victory: Eeyore cracks a small smile

Defeat: Eeyore slumps down

Skills

White: Down in the Dumps

Passive:

Active:

Bio:

Passive: Instead of having a basic attack, Eeyore grazes, healing himself for 1977 over 3 seconds, increasing his Armor by 816.

The Armor boosts are reset when Down in the Dumps is activated.

Active: Eeyore’s sorrowful mood permeates the battlefield, causing a storm cloud to form over the enemy team. The storm cloud Slows down all enemies by 175% for 8.5 seconds, lowering their Tenacity and Evasion by 50, Sapping them for 4 seconds.

Notes: Eeyore is supposed to be an inversion to Goofy, a counter to Goofy’s White. Goofy speeds his team by 150%, while Eeyore negates that with his 175% slow down

8.5 because I felt that anymore than that would overtake Goofy’s 10 second speed boost.

The Sap comes from the feeling of being burned out, when you’re so emotionally drained that your body feels heavy.

I find it odd that despite Evasion being a stat in the game, it’s not actually seen in the Stats screen. I mean, maybe it does for some characters, but I don’t have all characters upgraded to my current rank of O5-7. If anybody has information on this, feel free to share it

The only other two stats of which I’m pretty sure have yet to be implemented despite being in the game for a long time is Normal and Fantastic Prowess. To my knowledge, no characters as of this time of writing have these stats in their stat screens.

Green: Tail Whip

:sparkles: Fantastic Damage

Bio: Eeyore swings his tail around for 5 seconds, reflecting all projectiles. Reflected projectiles will deal 983 damage in addition to 15% of the original damage the projectile would have caused.

Any enemy that gets close to or attacks Eeyore during Tail Whip will be dealt 1966 damage, in addition to shredding their Reality by 204. and knocking them back.

For every 5 projectiles Eeyore reflects, 2 stacks of Hardy will be granted to his team.

Eeyore will be unable to reflect projectiles if his level is less than 1.

Notes: I felt like it was time to have something unique that wasn’t deflecting AKA nullifying projectiles.

As for the reflected projectile, I was thinking they could use the ball of light that Kida uses when she activates her White, only except color it purple

Blue: Laying Low

|480x257.00000000000006

Bio: Because Eeyore is mostly unnoticeable due to him being a wallflower, enemy attacks have a 60% chance to miss him.

Enemy attacks also have a 10% chance to miss Eeyore’s teammates.

The accuracy drop is less effective against enemies higher than level 41.

Notes: Its original name was Oh Pooh Sticks!, but then I realized that may fit better for Pooh, who’s coming

March 7 Edit: Pooh’s here

Purple: Pin the Tail on the Donkey

|487.59509724770646x300.7459585106383

Animation:

Bio: If Eeyore takes more than 10% of his max HP in a single hit, Eeyore stores 35 percent of the damage and immediately converts it into healing. Eeyore then sighs, Slowing down all enemies by 55% for 4.5 seconds.

Eeyore is unable to convert damage into healing if he is damaged multiple times in a row. Eeyore can only sigh once per hit.

The damage reduction and healing is less effective if Eeyore’s level is less than 41.

If an enemy who is already Slowed gets Slowed again from any source, they will lose 1926 Reality and be Sapped for 2 seconds.

Notes: I couldn’t really find a gif of Eeyore sighing so have Eeyore blowing the candles out on his birthday cake :smiley:

Numbers

(February 4) 1966 - Winnie the Pooh and the Honey Tree’s release date AKA the very first Winnie the Pooh cartoon
1977 from The Many Adventures of Winnie the Pooh release date
1926 - Winnie the Pooh’s original publication
983 - half of 1966
816 from October 16 (1926), Winnie the Pooh’s original publication
204 - February 4 (1966) - Winnie the Pooh and the Honey Tree’s release date

Friendships Forenote

In light of Perblue abandoning stories within every node within a episode, something that disappointed many people, I will be doing my best to pick up the slack

Making these concepts may take more time, but I hope the stories I come up with will make the wait worthwhile.

Friendships

Joy%20(approved)

Joy is one of Eeyore’s friend because it was a request from @Monarch_Mummy_V

Since I’ve never watched Inside Out, only knowing bits and pieces like the ending, I’ll just be providing a brief summary of the story. Also due to the fact that I just wanted to post this ASAP, considering most of my juice went to Alice’s campaign, and the fact that Eeyore was officially announced as a new character coming into the game.

The Campaign would start off with Eeyore at the docks looking at his reflection as he engages in self-deprecation, a call-back to the rain scene at the pond from his birthday movie. Joy would come along, ask him what’s wrong, and try to help Eeyore move through his sadness - to understand it, not necessarily to overcome it.

This first episode, along with all other episodes save for the last one, is raining heavily, with the rain starting to let up as the episodes go on.

Throughout the Campaign, Joy would try to have Eeyore do different activities to help him understand himself better/take his mind off things - she brings him to a grumpy old man’s house to marvel at all the balloons he has amassed (which reminds him of Piglet), she encourages to him write his feelings and thoughts down in a journal, maybe even start reading (which reminds him of Owl), she tries to get him to bake with her, creating a mess in the process (which reminds him of Kanga and Roo), and she, in her sheer excitement, actually manages to wheedle and rope Eeyore into pogo sticking with her (which reminds him of Tigger).

His tail falls off at least once, but Joy is able to nail it back gently with minimal fuss (which reminds him of Christopher Robin).

Throughout the Campaign, Joy would have to continually remind herself to not force Eeyore into being happy, to allow Eeyore to feel whatever it is that he is feeling.

One of the problems Eeyore is struggling with is trying to find a new home in the City, trying to adjust to life in the City, considering that all he’s ever known was the lush countryside of the 100 Acre Wood.

Another problem Eeyore is facing is homesickness, as he misses his friends dearly.

The second to last episode has them playing Pooh Sticks quietly during a time where even patrolling heroes and lurking villains were fast asleep. Both are lost in their memories as they enjoy the silence between them.

Once they’ve had their fill of Pooh Sticks, Eeyore surprises Joy by saying he’d like to walk back to the docks.

Joy pats Eeyore and assures him that his friends are probably still safe back in the 100 Acre Wood. And if they aren’t, somehow being displaced here in the City as well, she could easily have them placed in the heart of Hero Patrol for protection.

She goes on to say that life in the City isn’t so bad after a while once you get used to it, once you get to know the other people here.

The Campaign ends with the rain letting up as Eeyore and Joy watch the sun rise as they sit down at the docks.

The Campaign idea for this was inspired by an old song - Annette Hanshaw - If You Want The Rainbow (You Must Have The Rain) 1928

Allies: Violet, Animal, Olaf

Unfortunately, I wasn’t able to find Violet’s character portrait. If anybody has it, along with the rest of the heroes who were initially released, could you please share them?

dialogue_animaldialogue_olaf

Joy - Rain Rain Go Away

FRIEND CAMPAIGN COMPLETE!

Joy%20(approved)|289.6075949367089x196.71428571428572

MEMORY DISK UNLOCKED: HOME IS WHERE THE HEART IS

Disk:

HOME IS WHERE THE HEART IS
                                   STURDIER HARDIES (JO)

LEVEL 1

Each stack of Hardy provides 500 Armor and Reality.

STARS :star:

One stack of Hardy from “Tail Whip” can now block 2 Debuffs and Disables
                                                      Increases by 1 per Star

alice_narrator

Alice

Alice was chosen as another Friend because of her similarities to Christopher Robin: both are young, imaginative British children who have worlds of their own.

Alice and Eeyore are now Friends!

alice_narrator* Sigh *

alice_narratorSometimes I do wish I could go back to that riverbank and laze against the tree.

|289.6075949367089x196.71428571428572 I wish I could go back to sleeping the hours away in my stick house.

Alice and Eeyore’s Friendship is now Level 2!

FRIEND LEVEL UP!

alice_narrator|289.6075949367089x196.71428571428572

Alice and Eeyore’s Friendship is now Level 3!

Friend Campaign Unlocked:

“A Golden Afternoon”

Friend Campaign “A Golden Afternoon” Started!

Episode 1

Ch. 5 Sunrise Station: “Donkey’s Breakfast”

alice_narratorGood morning, Eeyore!

|289.6075949367089x196.71428571428572 If it is a good morning, which I doubt.

1 - Alice tries to lift Eeyore’s spirit by suggesting they take a constitutional while the day is still early.

2 - Eeyore only sighs and shakes his weary head.

3 - Perhaps Eeyore would be more open to the idea if he had breakfast, Alice muses.

4 - But what does a donkey eat? Alice has never come across a donkey before.

5 - She’d offer the cookies in her pockets, but her sister always said that sweets were not suitable food for breakfast.

|289.6075949367089x196.71428571428572 There’s no thistles here in the City. They probably don’t grow here at all.

alice_narratorThistles, you say? Hm, I might know a place…

FRIEND LEVEL UP!

Alice and Eeyore’s Friendship is now Level 5!

New Mission Unlocked:

“Five, Six, Pick Up Sticks”

Alice helps Eeyore gather sticks to make a house.

Level 1 - “Five, Six, Pick Up Sticks” Mission: First Update!

• Alice makes a model of a possible house for Eeyore out of thin twigs.

Level 1 - “Five, Six, Pick Up Sticks” Mission: Update!

• Before Alice is able to sketch the design down, the day turns blustery, blowing away the twigs.

“Five, Six, Pick Up Sticks” Mission: Now Level 2!

Level 2 - “Five, Six, Pick Up Sticks” Mission: Update!

• The Carpenter overhears their plight and offers to build Eeyore a house himself

Level 2 - “Five, Six, Pick Up Sticks” Mission: Update!

• Within a matter of minutes, the Carpenter builds a rather robust and fortified house for Eeyore, complete with a central heating and cooling unit

Notes: To my knowledge, the little stories stop after Level 2. I could be wrong, but to be honest, 4 is all I’ll ever do. In addition, all I’ll ever do is 2 Missions, and an Update at Level 12 and 15.

Episode 2

Ch 10 Golfer’s Green: “The Search for Thistles”

Ally: Miguel

miguel

1 - It’s no park, but Alice is sure there must be some other flowers Eeyore would like to graze on.

2 - They come across dandelions, daisies and roses…

3 - Violets, tulips, tiger lilies…

4 - Pansies, daffodils, and morning glories…

5 - But thistles there were none.

alice_narratorOh dear, maybe they’re out of season.

|289.6075949367089x196.71428571428572 Or maybe the Creeps dug them all up.

alice_narratorFor what purpose would they do that?

|289.6075949367089x196.71428571428572 Those Creeps do whatever tickles their fancy. Reminds me of Tigger.

Episode 3

Ch 2 Baker Street Station: “A Pleasant Walk”

Ally: Sally

dialogue_sally

1 - Alice’s stomach gurgles.

2 - Alice decides to take a small break and get some breakfast for herself.

3 - When she gets to the bakery, she finds a crowd of Creeps milling in front of the entrance, just as a scream pierces the air.

4 - Alice eats a cookie, growing to enormous size. She plucks a girl with red hair in a purple dress out of the horde, before stomping on the Creeps, derezzing them.

5 - After shrinking down, The Baker and Anastasia gives Alice a picnic basket filled with freshly baked bread as thanks for getting rid of the Creeps.

alice_narratorMmm! How crunchy! A little drizzle of honey would make this even better.

|289.6075949367089x196.71428571428572 Sounds like what one of my old friends would say. He loved hunny since it would always quell the rumbly in his tummy.

alice_narratorThen, would you like to try some, Eeyore? It’s no thistles, but maybe it’ll quell the rumbly in your tummy.

Episode 4

Ch 6 Coral Reef Station: “A Pleasant Talk”

Ally: Peter Pan

dialogue_peter_pan

1 - After polishing off the last of the bread, Alice ponders what else can she do to make Eeyore happy.

2 - Finding this Christopher Robin Eeyore mentioned in passing might help…

3 - But there has yet to be news of a young boy around her age wearing a yellow shirt and blue shorts appearing in the City.

4 - She wonders what would make Eeyore’s day…

5 - And realizes there’s something they can celebrate!

alice_narratorWhy, today’s your unbirthday, Eeyore!

|289.6075949367089x196.71428571428572 Unbirthday?

alice_narratorWell you see, an unbirthday is like your birthday, except you can celebrate it anyday!

|289.6075949367089x196.71428571428572 I guess that means my unbirthday’s not worth celebrating as much as my actual birthday then.

FRIEND LEVEL UP!

Alice and Eeyore’s Friendship is now Level 7!

New Mission Unlocked:

“House Hunting”

Alice helps Eeyore find a new home.

Level 1 - “House Hunting” Mission: First Update!

• Alice feels bad that Eeyore’s stick house keeps falling apart.

Level 1 - “House Hunting” Mission: Update!

• She takes it upon herself to help Eeyore find a sturdier house that won’t fall apart so easily.

“House Hunting” Mission: Now Level 2!

Level 2 - “House Hunting” Mission: Update!

• Alice enlists the help of Merlin and Goofy. Merlin helps pack up Eeyore’s meager belongings as Goofy peruses several newspapers.

Level 2 - “House Hunting” Mission: Update!

• After many hours of crossing out location after location, Eeyore eventually settles into a house on the miniature golf course.
5 Likes

My post was so long, it exceeded a word limit of 32000 - didn’t even know it had a limit!

Episode 5

Ch 7 Fantasy Lane: “Unbirthday Blues”

Allies: Miguel and Sally

migueldialogue_sally

1 - Heedless to Eeyore’s soft protests, Alice continues to make plans to throw Eeyore the best unbirthday ever!

2 - Alice goes in search of a gift.

3 - She wonders if perhaps Eeyore would like a yoyo.

4 - An umbrella might be good to shield him from the afternoon sun or from that little rain cloud that follows him all the time.

5 - Unfortunately, while they’re both too caught up in the moment, some Creeps sneak up and grab Eeyore’s tail before running away.

alice_narratorOh no, your tail’s gone!

|289.6075949367089x196.71428571428572 It was bound to happen sooner or later.

|289.6075949367089x196.71428571428572 I won’t hold my breath for my tail to come back.

alice_narratorNonsense! Let’s go after them; they couldn’t have gotten that far.

Episode 6

Ch 9 Gift Street: “A Rather Tall Tail”

Allies: Peter Pan and Sally

dialogue_peter_pandialogue_sally

1 - Alice eats another cookie, becoming big once again, before scooping Eeyore up as she lightly jogs after the Creeps.

2 - Their chase leads them to Sally’s Apothecary.

3 - But there are no signs of the Creeps who mugged them earlier.

4 - After shrinking and setting Eeyore down, Alice stomps her foot, sighing in frustration.

5 - Sally hears Alice’s frustrated sighs and comes over.

dialogue_sallyHow may I help you?

alice_narratorWell, you see, Miss, my friend over here’s lost his tail and we were wondering if you’ve seen it.

alice_narratorIt’s about this long, it’s gray, and it has a pink ribbon on it.

|289.6075949367089x196.71428571428572 It’s not much of a tail, but I’m sort of attached to it.

dialogue_sallyA tail? Did it look like this?

alice_narrator* Gasp * That’s it!

dialogue_sallyThe creeps who were here earlier must’ve dropped it. Reattaching your tail won’t take too long, Eeyore.

dialogue_sally* Sew * * Sew * * Sew *

dialogue_sallyMm-hm! There we go, good as new! It shouldn’t fall off any time soon.

|289.6075949367089x196.71428571428572 Sorry for wasting your time.

alice_narratorOh it’s rather alright Eeyore. After all, it is your unbirthday.

Episode 7

Ch 4 Utilidor 53: “Fake Happy”

Allies: Miguel and Peter Pan

migueldialogue_peter_pan

1 - Eeyore finally manages to catch Alice’s attention in the downtime.

2 - He explains that he appreciates her efforts, but he was more content in not doing anything today.

3 - It was something he missed about his friends in the 100 Acre Wood.

4 - How they always included him in whatever activity they were doing that week…

5 - And yet they never expected or forced him to be happy when he was with them, taking him as he was.

alice_narratorI’m terribly sorry, Eeyore. In my quest to make you happy, I never stopped to ask if you * were * happy.

alice_narratorI suppose I just wanted to make you happy since I know how it feels to be sad and alone, lost in a strange new place without any familiarity.

|289.6075949367089x196.71428571428572 That’s alright, Alice. You were very kind and sweet to have tried though.

Episode 8

Ch 9 - Sunset Station: “A Not-So-Gloomy Place”

Allies: Miguel, Sally, Peter Pan

migueldialogue_sallydialogue_peter_pan

1 - Alice feels ashamed for having neglected Eeyore’s feelings throughout the day.

2 - The setting sun casts a warm glow onto their backs.

3 - Eeyore mumbles about the hill he and his friends would often sit on to watch the sun sink below the horizon until night had fallen.

4 - Alice listens half heartedly as they make their way back home, until something purple catches her eyes.

5 - Alice gasps once she gets closer and sees what it is.

alice_narratorWhy, look right there! It’s a thicket of thistles!

|289.6075949367089x196.71428571428572 So it is.

alice_narratorLet’s pluck some for the way ho—

|289.6075949367089x196.71428571428572 * Munch * * Munch * * Munch *

|289.6075949367089x196.71428571428572 * Gulp *

alice_narrator* Giggle * Or that.

|289.6075949367089x196.71428571428572 Thank you for putting up with me, Alice.

|289.6075949367089x196.71428571428572 Today wasn’t so bad after all.

alice_narratorIt was no trouble at all. Many happy returns of the day, Eeyore!

FRIEND CAMPAIGN COMPLETE!

MEMORY DISK UNLOCKED: HALCYON DAYS

Disk:

HALCYON DAYS
                                  LONGER, STRONGER SLOWS (AL)

LEVEL 1
Slowed and Sapped enemies will now lose 500 HP over 1 second.

STARS :star:

The duration of all Slows is extended by 1 second
                     The duration of the health depletion is extended by 1 second
                                                           Increases by 1 per Star

FRIEND LEVEL UP!

Alice and Eeyore’s Friendship is now Level 12!

alice_narratorEeyore, have you ever considered replacing your tail with something sturdier, so it doesn’t fall off so often?

|289.6075949367089x196.71428571428572 A few times in the past. But I like being able to swing it around and around.

FRIEND LEVEL UP!

Alice and Eeyore’s Friendship is now Level 15!

alice_narratorEeyore! You’re invited to the Queen’s unbirthday celebration!

|289.6075949367089x196.71428571428572 Do you think she would like thistles?

alice_narratorAfter painting them red and telling Her Majesty that they’re a rare breed of roses, I don’t see why not.

Ending Notes

I never thought Pooh would come with some friends, let alone Eeyore and Tigger, even though I kept saying to myself, “What if they actually did come? Nahhhh, Pooh will just be a standalone character. And even if he did come with other characters, it would probably be Piglet or Rabbit, or Kanga and Roo, literally anybody but Eeyore and Tigger.”

Goes to show what I know lol

In retrospect, I should’ve seen this coming, since three characters were released around the same time last year, that being the Alice in Wonderland trio.

Well played @Polaris , well played

Fun fact, halfway through development, I toyed around the idea with using Eeyore’s stick house in his moveset, and have something similar to Gerald, Marlin and Nemo’s Passive, but then it became too much off a hassle, not to mention too much of a copycat for my liking, and the fact that I knew I wouldn’t be able to find a gif for Eeyore’s stick house repairing itself.

Whoo…

I guess I really should think critically and mindfully next time. After all, what’s the use in making decisions if you don’t think at all?

Bonus

Here’s an accurate depiction of what went down in my mind, being so self-assured that Eeyore couldn’t possibly be coming to the game

5 Likes

Well… Eeyore is already coming to the game.
dialogue_eeyore
Confirmed in 1.16.10 Patch Notes. Just pointing that out. But good concept though. :grin:

Did you read the very first part? :face_with_raised_eyebrow:

I decided to post this because I wasn’t going to let 3 and half month’s worth of hard work go to waste and not post it

But thank you anyway @LetsGetDangerousBro

4 Likes

Now I understand now.

2 Likes

This is the first case of making a concept and then having the same character get officially released soon after that I have seen

Nice job!

2 Likes

Thanks @Filadae_Djaq

2 Likes

It is indeed worth reading :blush::+1:
Definitely appreciate your time and effort :+1:

1 Like

Not a bad concept. I’m glad that you did it. Oh, and by the way, I am @Monarch_Mummy_V

1 Like

Same happened to me, with Rapunzel, except I scrapped it when I saw the notes. I feel your pain, Card. Great job though, your concepts are one of a kind. :slightly_smiling_face:

2 Likes

I love this concept a lot! It’s so cute! I can’t wait for tomorrow when Pooh, Tigger, and Eeyore come to the game!

1 Like

Aw thank you all @Anonymous_me @TherMasterStitch @PawpsicleSticks :smiling_face_with_three_hearts: :hugs: I’m glad you guys enjoyed reading my concept :partying_face:

@Chief_Lionheart_XLI I’m happy to hear that you liked it. I hope it was worth the wait :relieved:

2 Likes

I know how you feel

1 Like
PerBlue Entertainment | Terms of Use | Cookie Policy | © Disney