The March Hare - Character Concept Project

Disclaimer: This and future concepts will not and will never include Red Skills.

Character Portrait:

Name: The March Hare

Star: :star2::star2::star2:

Role: Damage

Position: Front

Trial Team: Blue

Quote: ”If you don’t care for tea, you could at least make polite conversation!"

Bio: The March Hare interrupts the flow of enemies’ rhythms by cutting them off with piping hot tea, sticky jam and his trusty hammer.

Note: I decided to get rid of the “Stats” if only because there are only so many combinations I can come up with before I inevitably repeat one or more combos.

Movements

Entrance: The March Hare walks onto the battlefield while sipping from a teacup before putting it away.

Victory: The March Hare jumps into the air excitedly

Defeat: The March Hare recoils in fear as he holds a teacup out towards the enemy.

Basic Attack: The March Hare throws a teacup

Skills

White: A Very Merry Unbirthday

:sparkles: Fantastic Damage

Skill Picture:

Animation:

Bio: The March Hare orchestrates an array of teapots which produce massive steam clouds. The steam clouds Blind enemies for 20 seconds, and scalds them, damaging them for 1999 over 15 seconds.

Green: Changing the Subject

Skill Picture:

Animation:

Bio: The March Hare briefly becomes untargetable when he wallops the closest enemy with a hammer, dealing 2010 and either Charming or Stunning them for 10 seconds.

The Charm and Stun will fail on enemies higher than level 1.

Notes: This skill relies on Basic Damage, as opposed to the other skills which rely on Skill Power.

Blue: Jam Tomorrow, Jam Yesterday

Skill Picture:

Animation:

Bio: The March Hare lobs a glob of jam at the nearest enemy, knocking them back and dealing 2016, in addition to shredding their Reality by 228, Blinding them for 14 seconds and Slowing them down by 110% for 12 seconds. The jam splatters onto the two closest enemies, dealing 1008, shredding their Reality by 114, Blinding them for 7 seconds and Slowing them down by 55% for 6 seconds.

The Slow will be less effective on enemies higher than level 41.

Notes: The skill name is a reference to Through the Looking Glass.

Purple: Stark Raving Mad

Skill Picture:

Bio: The March Hare gains a 5% speed boost, 1985 Basic Damage, and 1951 Skill Power for every disable and debuff on his side of the field. The boosts wear off once the ailments are cured or wear off.

For every buff on enemies, The March Hare gains a 10% speed boost, as well as an additional 3970 Basic Damage and 3902 Skill Power. The boosts wear off when enemy buffs end or are negated.

The stat increases will fail if the March Hare’s level is lower than 41.

Notes: He punishes the enemy team if they have buffs and gets revenge for his team if they’re statused.

Numbers

3970 - the product of 1985 x 2
3902 - the product of 1951 x 2
2016 - Tim Burton’s Alice Through the Looking Glass
2010 - Tim Burton’s Alice in Wonderland
(February 28) 1999 - Alice in Wonderland TV movie starring Tina Majorino
1985 - Alice in Wonderland/Through the Looking Glass TV two-parter movie starring Natalie Gregory
1951 - Disney’s Alice in Wonderland’s original theatrical release
228 - February 28 (1999) - Alice in Wonderland TV movie starring Tina Majorino

Friendships

mad_hatter_narrator

The Mad Hatter - Dormouse Doldrums

Stronger “Jam Tomorrow, Jam Yesterday”

Disk Picture:

LEVEL 1

Sapped enemies take an extra 1000 damage

STARS :star2:

“Jam Tomorrow, Jam Yesterday,” now removes 100 energy, while the splatter removes 50.

• Energy removal is increased by 100 and 50 per Star, up to a maximum of 500 and 250.

Knockback distance increases per Star

Enemies whose Armor or Reality have been reduced will be Slowed down by 10% for 4 seconds.

• The Slow and its duration increases by 5% and 2 per Star, up to a maximum of 30% and 12 seconds

Campaign:

The Dormouse seems to be much sadder lately, and neither the Mad Hatter or the March Hare know what’s wrong. They try a variety of things to cheer up the Dormouse, from “borrowing” different kinds of jam they “found” in stores or picnics, throwing an unbirthday party and even parading him through Goofy’s sandwich stand where Mickey and Minnie are having a lunch date but nothing seems to work.

Dash thinks a little bit of excitement and a change of scenery might work to which the Mad Hatter and March Hare agree, only to be surprised when Dash disappears. After an hour of showing the different scenes around the City, Dash returns apologetic that none of them seemed to interest the Dormouse.

Rapunzel comes along and thinks maybe the Dormouse’s life needs a little spiffing up, so she sews a dozen new outfits for the Dormouse, and even makes miniature meals and furniture for him.

While they sit and think on what else they could do, Eeyore wanders in, dragging a big teapot with him. He drops it by the Dormouse’s teapot wordlessly. The Dormouse peeks out of his teapot, before hurriedly moving his belongings into the bigger teapot.

The Campaign would end with the Dormouse falling asleep with a content smile as Rapunzel and Dash try to paint the outside of the Dormouse’s teapot, only to run away when the Mad Hatter and the March Hare start throwing paint around excitedly.

Allies for this Friendship are Dash, Eeyore and Rapunzel.

dialogue_belle

Belle - Riddling Enigma

Debuff and Disable Conversion

Disk Picture:

LEVEL 1

+800 Basic Damage

+950 Skill Power

STARS :star2:

”Stark Raving Mad” now allows The March Hare to gain 160 energy every time an enemy either uses their White or a skill that grants them energy.

• The amount of energy The March Hare gains is increased by 10 per Star, up to a maximum of 200 energy.

”Stark Raving Mad” now converts 1 Debuff/Disable into 1000 Basic Damage and Skill Power that lasts for 2 seconds.

• The conversion limit increases by 1 per Star, up to a maximum of 5 Disables/Debuffs.
  • The Basic Damage and Skill Power boost and duration increases by 250 and 2 per Star, up to a maximum of 2000 and 10 seconds.

Campaign:

At the behest of Lumiere who is curious about how parties are thrown in other places, Belle attends an unbirthday party.

During her stay, Belle is taken aback by the amount of topics the Mad Hatter and the March Hare goes through in such little time, but does her best to adapt and keep up with them. Eventually, the Mad Hatter poses the famous question, “Why is a raven like a writing desk?” Before Belle can respond, Creeps invade the party, while the three of them jump into battle.

After derezzing every last Creep, the Mad Hatter is nowhere to be found. Belle is worried but the March Hare waves her off, telling her he probably needed to change his hat. Being too curious about the riddle, Belle sets off for the City Library while the March Hare tags along. After making their way through more Creeps, they make it to the Library.

Belle’s the only one who does any serious research; the March Hare just goofs off in the background, occasionally taking care of any Creeps that wander into the Library.

The Campaign ends with the Mad Hatter popping out from underneath the librarian’s desk. Belle is excited to share her answer with them, only for the Mad Hatter and the March Hare to give her blank looks. When she tries to jog their memory by repeating the riddle, the Mad Hatter and March Hare inexplicably become frightened, eventually running away when she repeats the question, “Why is a raven like a writing desk?”

Belle just sighs and wonders if the Beast or the castle staff would like to hear the answer.

Allies for this Friendship are Rafiki, Merlin and Sally.

Notes: An inversion of Madam Mim’s Purple, this Disk allows the March Hare to punish opposing enemies who gain energy quickly via one way or another, thus ensuring that the March Hare can not only keep up with them, but also return fire.

Ending Notes

@Polaris , Here’s another character who could be introduced next year for Alice in Wonderland’s 70th anniversary, especially since we’re only missing a Damage character for that franchise.

If you liked this, consider checking out my other sets:

Alice in Wonderland

Cinderella

101 Dalmatians

Snow White

Star vs the Forces of Evil

Winnie the Pooh

When caught in the middle of a conflict, it’s never easy finding a compromise that’ll please all parties. Even still, there’s no harm in trying, right?

7 Likes

Might wanna remove the last two characters in the link. It leads to a comment :wink:

1 Like

I really liked it… And the friendships were great too… I especially find Belle’s campaign story very interesting and funny… Good job…

1 Like

Excusr me. Do you take requests.

1 Like

Maybe fix this gif? (Or is it just me…)

But good concept! I’m so excited to see more of your concepts :grin:

2 Likes

Thank you for catching that - I have now fixed it :hugs:

Thank you very much! :grin:

Ooh, sorry :grimacing: I don’t.

Oh no, that was intentional; I decided to be cheeky about it, since the March Hare never throws a teacup much like Alice :laughing:

Thank you very much! Stay tuned for a garden symphony :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

3 Likes
PerBlue Entertainment | Terms of Use | Cookie Policy | © Disney