Requesting Player Feedback on Pink Dots

Yes! This! So much this!’

I think the Pink Dot could be a toggle in the setting, as that way you can decide if you want to see the Pink Dots or not.

Personally I don’t really use the Pink Dots as I grind by inventory and not by Badge, as in that I grind based on what I see I am low on in my inventory:

In this case I see that I should grind Escape Plan, Lightspeed or the Unbirthday badge as those are the ones I have under a 1000 badge bits of.

I think this make it so that I don’t get the extra Pink Dots on the Trial Badges as I already have enough of them for the system to ignore them Pink Dot wise.

I will say, with my newer iPad I don’t feel that many lag problems, but with my older iPad I definitely the lag a lot more, so I think device age plays a part in how much lag you individually experience in the game.

So yeah, if Pink Dots aren’t fully removed I believe at least it is good to have them as a toggle :-).
That said, if still causing a decent amount of lag even if toggled off, it might be better to remove them in that case.

The only time I use the pink dots is in the merchant shop. I only buy the ones with pink dots. I don’t go in to see which heroes I can use it for. If I need it at the time I buy it. It doesn’t matter which hero needs it. Almost forgot, I use it in the enhancements screen too. It helps when I have to go through all the yellow heroes. I can flip through them quickly and only stop on the ones with dots. But, I’ve only had lag problems in the invasions. Which I think is probably a bug issue, not lag.

And Samm and others in this topic have made it clear that lag is a significant concern for many players. There is a topic here about powercreep, and I’d love for it to get more attention because I think the explosive increase in stats for many new or refreshed heroes lately is a serious concern.

For me the only place I get lag sometimes is when I’m doing prizewall.

FYI @Samm an attempted fix to laggy dots in update 4.2.10 actually broke them even worse, such that presumably the dot calculations weren’t running at all, and until it was reverted the game has literally never run so fast in it’s entire life

If that was a preview of how quick it could be with the dots removed, then they really have to go ASAP, it was fantastic :rocket:

4 Likes

Is there anyway you can put an enable and disable buttons in our settings. That way we can choose to have it on or off.

Hey, if it’s the pink “!” dots that have been making the game seize up like it has been, then kick them to the curb! Anything to restore the game’s playability.

1 Like

Gee, I thought it was just my old IPhone X that had a lag. Guess it’s game wide. Think pink dots help me know which badges or bits I need to get instead of clicking each one to see.

Maybe there is some other way to let us know which ones we need without a pink dot, IDK. But I like all the heroes. I would be happy if the prize wall was only once per month instead of every couple of weeks.

Keep up what you are doing Disney. You make a lot of people proud and love your game.

Would prefer if you moved the buttons In the city watch at the top right away from each other. Either you didn’t consider guys with fat fingers or…well, that’s the only reason I can think of.

Gonna be honest here… couldn’t care less about pink dots get rid of them all if needed whatever makes the game run better and playable

Glad you guys are asking us (great idea to whomever thought of it)

Can’t wait to see the game to get less laggy

Part of the reason that me personally is losing interest is the ungodly amount of lag

Keep up the good work on the game Can’t wait to see more refreshes (especially Nick Wilde’s)

:grin:

2 Likes

They aren’t always helpful. For example, note that the “Wilderness Explorer Logo” badge has a pink dot by it:

However, when I tap on that badge, the store tells me I can craft “Lots” of it, meaning over 100:

So I dig a bit deeper and craft some of the sub-badges for the offered badge:

And what do you know, all of a sudden the store realizes I don’t actually need that badge after all:

And there are times when you don’t strictly need a badge at the time you go to the shop, but it’s one that you run out of all the time and so is worth buying anyway. For example, the shop doesn’t have “Buster” or “Platinum You Can Fly” marked, but I have only one or two of each of those and frequently need to farm them, so it’s worth getting them even though they aren’t marked.

Going by the pink dots is better than just ignoring the shop or just buying as much as possible every day, but it’s definitely not the best use of your badge tokens.

4 Likes

I use the pink dots on the hero screen only, and often wish there was an option to filter for them. Everywhere else I don’t bother.

I think the problem here is not the dots themselves, but the quantity of playable heroes.

This morning, I tried to scroll to the end of the list and the game locked up twice when I got to near the end, forcing me to quit the game and restart.
The third time was almost as bad.

I do not know how this can be fixed, but a common request has been to add a filter to the list, marking unwanted/unused heroes as hidden so the game does not show them on the list.

Me personally, I would go for a more ruthless approach, to give the player the option to delete the unwanted heroes so the game is no longer dedicating memory resources to those.

1 Like

the dots themselves aren’t necessarily bad, but the fact that they have extra data inside can cause the lag. maybe make the dot a regular ASCII pink dot with no exclamation or numbers. that is enough to let it be known. that or change the bg if the item that needs attention with an rgba value if new rgba(X) else if cleared rgba(clear). that way only one string should loop through the variables without loading any extra assets, which to a certain degree could help reduce lag.

or add/modify a border rgba value which could refrain the need for an extra asset altogether. you just change either one side of the border frame to the color you need, to represent the issue: new item, can be used by heroes, whatever. since it is just a line of code linked by a code string in the loop, it’ll be lighter on the loading times compared to a separate asset.

anyway, those are simple options I can think of that could retain the benefit of the dot but reduce the lag to a certain extent

Maybe they’ll tell us if they’ll fix it in the patch notes on Friday

This is the root of this problem. Look no further. Fix it and everything will be ok

The reason we see so many red dots is because, we have nothing :roll_eyes::roll_eyes::roll_eyes: and every hero need every bits for crafting, which is terrible

And, what is the point of red dots if they appear on EVERY SINGLE bits??? Utterly useless and annoying

Again, none of this would happen if the economy in game weren’t broken… but we all know you guys won’t fix it due to obvious reason

4 Likes

It’s not the actual act of displaying a pink dot with an exclamation mark that’s causing lag, it’s the calculations required to determine which badges and badge bits the dots should be placed on. Quoting from Samm’s initial comment:

So any way of marking needed or unneeded badges or bits will need those computations and will thus cause the same lag.

1 Like

We can add settings turn off or on pink dots, not hurt? I like pink dot get me attention to finish!

/|Omar|\

PerBlue Entertainment | Terms of Use | Cookie Policy | © Disney