Stamina Problem & Swapping Badges

I wanted to give a possible solution to the game’s problem with stamina to power up heroes. Badges and bits need to be turned into currency to trade and swap If this has been suggested a lot, I’m apologize!

Background: I’ve been playing since Oct 2020 on S21. I’ve spent around $150 USD on stamina. I only sold a few purple badge bits and I always only raid the best episodes with good supplemental badges. I only included data for Chapters 1-26 (6 stamina per raid).

I always need a specific 50 out of around 200 badges (Sugar Rush, Wicked Beats, Escape, Lucky Cricket, Curious Maze, Potential Carriage, Close Shave, and more) while I have hundreds to thousands of badge bits for the rest of the 75% badges.

Selling extra badges for gold is not worth it. Stamina is way more prohibitive. So as stamina costs rise (Chapter 1 to 26: 6 stamina then each chapter after rises by 2 stamina up to 14 at Chapter 30 (2.3x more)… for example, if we could trade in 150 Dramatic Pause bits for 50 Deus Ex Calibur bits, it would seriously help our stamina problems. It’s too difficult to change the components needed for badges (as some badges are clearly used more), but it’s easy to add a badge trading system. I have over 175,000 unused bits worth over a million stamina and that number keeps growing.

This game is suffocating us and it’s impossible to keep powering up heroes. I spend $30 a month on stamina and I can’t even keep up 8 heroes at max level (R9). I’ll keep playing this game, because I like it, but it’s crazy how flawed badges are ruining this game.

11 Likes

YES, i have over 750 Dramatic Pause bits, so I can convert all the extra into other bits that I need! Great suggestion! :grin:

First of all really good idea and I would definitely like the idea of being able to swap bits I have a lot of for the badges I actually need :-). While I am not sure how the exchange rates between the badges should be, but being able to trade badge bits we have a lot of for badge bits we actually need would be really nice and helpful.

As for the stamina and badge problem I think some of it can be helped by combo grinding as you spend less stamina per badge by getting more badges you need at once.
I think you know of combo grinding SaveElle, but I am not sure how much you actually combo grind I don’t really know.

At least in order to spread info here on how to be able to better keep up with badges better for those who don’t know, here are the link to the Badge Drop Charts which shows all the 6 drops(3 main, 3 hidden) which is really helpful for badge grinding:
([Badge Drop Charts]: Chapter 1-30 badge placing in the campaign)

With this site here you can use word search and search up badges and what stages they are on:
https://wakkatu.github.io/dhero/en/item_list.htm

There you will be greeted with this, I personally searching up Fa Family to show:

I will say combo grinding won’t help completely take away all the badge grinding so it is relatively balanced as there will always be some badges you can’t manage to get enough of, but combo grinding do help in lessening the amount of badges you need to grind for as by combo grinding you already have them.

But yes, your idea SaveElle would definitely help and especially those who aren’t into combo grinding or know about it, should overall balance the badge economy for most players if we could exchange badge bits we have a lot of for those that we need and thank you for suggesting the idea SaveElle :-).

@SaveElle
My patience with the Stamina mechanic was officially exhausted late last night.

I don’t know what the Devs expect us to do to maintain our characters in order to play through story mode, but my estimation is something like 20xR10.

Since I couldn’t see a way to sustain those stamina requirements without purchasing the stamina bundles, I decided it was best to stop trying to raise my characters up from whatever they are now, because I just find the experience significantly frustrating.

Of secondary concerns are UltraXP bottles (for level raising) and gold (for skill level raising), I never seem to have enough of these either.

End conclusion, I don’t care what new characters they add, because I simply won’t have the resources to make them R10.
Also, I abandoned story mode for the same reason.

1 Like

I will say, you don’t need 20 R10+ really, but yeah between 5-10 good max characters would be ideal yeah :-).

But yes, you are right that the stamina cost pressure on players are likely too high and unhealthy on players, so more players probably rather want to give up instead of playing at this point.
With such a situation Disney Heroes/PerBlue are technically losing customers, as such also likely potential money/revenue as less and less people pay.

Overall the resource economy should be revised as right now it is likely what makes players not want to play. And while yes games need money, but I think there is a difference between manageable resource economy compared to an unmanageable resource economy that the players can’t keep up with and rather instead leave than pay.

2 Likes

Great that you did this research. I did one myself and got to similar results. The bits you see at the bottom with 1k+ figures are those in trials that are newer used again in other rank.

1 Like

So reviving this topic after 2 years…

@Samm I can make relevant graphs as well, you know…

It´s clear something is wrong if so many ranks are below the “exponential” trend.

5 Likes

I also have an important question on the team about badges @Samm. Are the crafting recipes done by hand or are they automatically done by some tool?

2 Likes

No answer? :pleading_face:

2 Likes

I am not sure if Samm is allowed by PerBlue to answer, but can hope they come on later and answer if able to :-).

1 Like

Surely it can’t be that much of an information, since we know tools do some other things. Or…?

2 Likes

Hard to say for sure if they want to keep that information private/secret.

It is at least a question to ask for the next Live Q&A, but yeah that would mean some months wait.

Can hope Samm answers this week or next week :-).

1 Like

Having stamina rise exponentially is expected. This is how they achieve “doubles every 6 months”. This is how new players can compete with old players (any investments old players have made are almost meaningless 1 year later). Obviously they have tweaked the growth factor especially recently but that is fine, it just changes how long it takes for a new player and old player to even out.

The main problem is that not everything in the game scales with the same growth factor. Some things don’t even scale. If they fix everything to scale with the same speed, the game would become great again. If not, then it will slowly but surely drift into full pay-to-play mode.

1 Like

It is already there. You need hundreds of cost refreshes and hundredthousands of diamonds to get anywhere close to one third of a $20 deal worth of stamina.

2 Likes

Depends on if you have unlocked VIP crafting.
If you have, you just tell the game to craft the badge for you.

1 Like

Yeah I know its already Pay to Win and it sucks because I had such high hopes for the game. Its gonna become even Pay to play soon as we continue. Non-paying players would be irrelevant.

My criteria for good Pay vs Play balance is a hardcore gamer that invests a lot of time in the game and knows everything about it and minmaxes can be part of a top guild and contribute significantly without spending anything. Spending should be an option to get there without investing that much time. Its currently not an option.

1 Like

You don’t understand what I was asking about… can you read it once more? :slight_smile:

1 Like

In regards to this as you seem to be saying that you have trouble keeping up rank wise, so wondering if you know of the Badge Booster Crate and that they can give you Yellow badges only if you set it up right.

While you do need to be at Yellow to get Yellow badges, still figured I mentioned the Badge Booster Crates given how helpful they can be when setup right :-).

As a VIP F2P player, I don’t think I would still have been playing today if it wasn’t for the Badge Booster Crates.
Like I have my main characters mainly Y25+ if not Y27 right now.
While a small amount of characters, still I have enough to at least keep up with 10 if not 15-ish characters which are enough for Coliseum and Guild War.

Al this said though, I agree the badge tree structure should be changed, or that for example no Purple badge cost more than 20 Stamina.
The badge tree structure is especially something to consider now given the pink dot and general lag problem.

But yeah the Badge Booster Crates are a bandaid, but it is a pretty good bandaid when working right :-).

1 Like

It has a rather easy solution. Some badges just shouldn’t have turned from having 3 badges in recipe to having 4… since Y12.

Or rather… they can be, but only Y12 and Y13 should have been like that and then Y14 etc. would only use one of these two badges + two badge bits in crafting recipe.

I am just a big anti-fan of anything exponential since the game isn’t really built for that.

In fact, I’d even lower the scaling of stats and things by A LOT.
Ideally… instead of 10x every 13 ranks I’d just make it 2x every 13 ranks.

2 Likes

Unfortunately once you’re maxed out on Cosmetics, the amount of ‘keeping up’ that can be done with these is severely reduced as you just don’t earn very many

2 Likes
PerBlue Entertainment | Terms of Use | Cookie Policy | © Disney