State of the Game Dec 2022

I think there is a comma missing there :joy: jk, but whining is what makes the community

Great roundup. Glad to see the effort.

Can we place bets on who will tag you (outside of this thread) first?

1 Like

Well this is disappointing, hopefully with the new war system it makes things more interesting.

1 Like

@Loutre

Can you specify what you mean by this?

“Please ONLY tag Nugget from now on.”

I’ll be focusing on other parts of PerBlue in 2023 so only Nugget will be responding here unless they’re on vacation.

1 Like

Will we get a balance and refresh article @Nugget to know what their getting or atleast an article after the fact that explains what each hero got it was cool to see it on the first patch trials

Dev Q&A is here!

2 Likes

They never give up, do they…

1 Like

Can we get a 100 stam button for those of use that still like to farm bits :slight_smile:

Durbo

1 Like

Quick question! When will the next Q&A be because I sadly missed it?:cry::cry:

You’ll have to wait at least a few months… maybe even over half a year…

i’m still hoping for an update on heists and their difficulty modes :disappointed:

4 Likes

I was there, but none of my questions got answered! :cry: @Nugget can anything be done about that?

1 Like

Not all questions were guaranteed to be answered by the team within the hour that the Q&A was happening. After the hour was up, the Q&A was closed and the team would no longer be answering questions after!

1 Like

Wow are you going to a new heroes because I almost have all of them

1 Like

@Loutre I have to admit I contemplated some time if I should answer at all and waste my time to point out the basic weaknesses of the general neglect about the community’s concerns about the power surge in newer heroes compared to older ones or the broken game economy with a constant lack of gold, hero chips, mods red skil chips, megabits and the unreasonable amount of items needed to keep 15-20 heroes in a playable shape with the current level caps on S1-S14. Now with the indroduction of Franchises this “mantra” issued by Polaris back then that a player does not need all heroes invested in to have a pleasant game experience is obviously obsolete and never has been a real thing.

But what really gets to me is that you somehow want to point out in your post that server merges were some positive “accomplishment” and a strategy for PerBlue for a better game experience. The opposite is the case. I had 3 of my accounts merged in the past 4 1/2 years and basically it was always an account devaluation, because much stronger people from other servers came over and pushed back the total strength of my individual accounts or the guild total strength. For at least 8 months hardly new members are joining my guild on S1 because somehow there is a game machanic to make weaker guilds less attractive for new members to join. There is no chance now to come back from this and find players to have a bearable game experience even if a player only spends a moderate amount of money or none at all.
This is no accomplishment. You ruined the game for many dedicated players who stopped playing, especially in the past 2 years, and you never really addressed the worry about the total game health so that I as an individual player can make an informed decision if my time spent in the game is worth it. Never was it considered to publish any numbers about server health. The only indicator that something is wrong are the rankings in contests. Most players don’t care for this never-ending contest circle anymore. Even the deals going with it are weak.

We are talking over 2 years about game economics, especially the requirement to change the recipes for items. To little to late now. You haven’t even addressed the overflowing guild influence and the guild perks system. This so called state of the game post is more than disappointing.
What does the team need time for if only a minimum of users even do care?

8 Likes

Lot of very good points brought to light, thank you Serenity!

Unfortunately, this seems to be the case for most of the comments we make - even though the team keeps indicating that the game is not dying, and that they do read all of our comments - the evidence to support this is non-existent.

This is such a big issue at the moment across all servers. Top guilds are consolidating power, because that is the only way for players to keep playing competitively, however this leaves lower guilds with no players left because no one can keep up with the increased cost to keep enjoying the game.

War QOL that is supposed to come in 2023 per the post is the only thing that keeps a lot of the guilds interested - because even the war rewards currently are shocking in comparison to the cost of playing.
However, if this is only going to be introduced after June, it will definitely be too late.

This is definitely a massive misconception, the need for server merges is as a result of players leaving the game, which I don’t care how you try spin it, is a BAD thing.

Merging accounts are account devaluation, the only benefits of consolidating an account is mods and mod power, because for some reason the team decided that these are transferrable, while memory disks, badges memory stars, patches, battle badges, etc. are not. All other items are better not spent, which kind of defeats the purpose of playing, and just encourages spending money and hoarding - something that again has become very evident in the last 18 months, even though the team keeps denying it.

Again hoping that we are proven wrong on the end of the game getting closer by the day, but the team will still deny it, so let’s see.

2 Likes

When will the new patch notes be coming out?

2 Likes

This friday…

1 Like

Thanks!!!

1 Like

Not in my server. Lots of us are actually patiently waiting for a merge :pray:

1 Like
PerBlue Entertainment | Terms of Use | Cookie Policy | © Disney