Bushroot & Spike Concept (#15)

Bushroot & Spike

Description: All Dr. Reginald Bushroot ever wanted to do was find acceptance in others. Now, with his fellow fly trap Spike, this mutant uses his newfound plant powers to keep his enemies at bay.

Quote: “I must have some telepathic link with plants. This is a scientific breakthrough! Yes, that’s it! I’m the Doctor Doolittle of the plant world!”

Role: Midline
Position: Control
Team: Red

Animations

Basic Attack: Spike spits out a seed.
(Damage Type: Normal)

Entrance: Bushroot and Spike ride in on a vine and jumps off.

Victory: Bushroot strokes Spike who happily sticks out his tongue.

Defeat: Bushroot down and covers both of his eyes, crying as Spike comforts him.

Gameplay

White Skill:
“Growth Spurt”
Bushroot gives Spike a growth elixir. When Spike becomes larger, the player chooses an enemy for Spike to eat. He runs to the enemy and traps them in his mouth. While inside, the enemy will take X damage per second. The enemy is freed after 15 seconds. This move can’t be evaded and the duration is not effected by tenacity. When the battle is on auto, Spike will eat the enemy with the highest evasion.
(Damage Type: Fantastic)

Green Skill:
“Bashin’ Trees”
Bushroot calls in a tree to ram into the frontmost enemy dealing X damage and knocking them back and steals X HP from them to give to himself.
(Damage Type: Fantastic)

Blue Skill:
“Uprooted”
Bushroot sends a vine downward to the 2 farthest enemies stunning them for 8 seconds and steals 300 energy. The amount of energy stolen is reduced against enemies above level X.

Purple Skill:
“Nutritious Botonist”
Once per wave, Bushroot and his allies will have their health regenerated every 10 seconds.

Red Skill:
“Scientist’s Best Friend”
After 3 basic attacks, Spike’s next speed spit will deal 60% more damage and deals X damage per second. Also, Growth Spurt now removes X armor.

• +X Damage per second from Growth Spurt
  • +X Basic Damage
  • +X Skill Power
Friendships

Liquidator

Disk Name: “Soaked Seeds”
Disk Effect: Bashin’ Trees Removes Hardy

Other Effects:

1. Bashin’ Trees now removes one stack of hardy from the enemy. (+1 stack of hardy per star level
  2. +X Skill Damage
  3. +X Fantastic Damage

Campaign: (With all the members of the fearsome five minus Negaduck reunited at last, they all celebrate by wrecking havoc in the city).
Allies: Megavolt, Quackerjack, Finnick

E.V.E

EVE_DHBM

Disk Name: “Green Thumb”
Disk Effect: Uprooted Removes More Energy

Other Effects:

1. Enemies lose 10 more energy from Uprooted. (+10 energy per star)
  2. +X Skill Damage
  3. +X Fantastic Damage

Campaign: (When the garden gets overrun with Bushroot’s plant monsters, it’s up to E.V.E and Wall-E to save the garden).
Allies: Wall-E, Django & Emile, Demona

9 Likes

Emoji_Props_Spike
Great concept, as always!

1 Like

Good plant boi!

1 Like

I have one problem with this: the White Skill.

It’s basically a copy of LSB’s white skill until this is red.

The enemy takes DPS, is freed after 15 seconds, it cannot be dodged by evasion or reduced by tenacity, on auto targets the enemy with the highest evasion, and deals Fantastic Damage.

Overall, it’s a good concept :grin:

Yeah, I was thinking a lot about LS&B when making the white skill. I figured it would be cool if Spike would rush in to eat up an enemy. Maybe I should have just made it so that Spike would eat the enemy and spit them back out dealing damage. Thanks for the feedback!!

1 Like

I’d say he would have a freindship with maleficent (plants and spikes) oogie boogie (plants and bugs) since he was referred to as a monster

1 Like

That’s very true… I didn’t think of that. I was thinking about EVE for the whole plant, since her programming is based on searching for plants.

PerBlue Entertainment | Terms of Use | Cookie Policy | © Disney